Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eyebrows!

• 29-12-2005 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭

For years now i am at a loss what to do with the two caterpillars above me eyes. The shape and all that is grand but its the colour that gets me at a loss so i seriously need eyebrow sos. I am a natural blone(no jokes please!) so i have naturally very pale eyebrows that you cant see.This does not make for a pleasent sight as blonde eyebrows=no eyebrows=scary.:eek: About two years ago i discovered the joys of eyebrow tinting and try and get mine tinted every month or soat the salon. However,after a couple of days this fades and an eyebrow pencil etc doesnt do the same job. Its getting pretty pricey to keep on going to salons to get my little leeches dyed so i started doing it DIY style at home with those eyelash kits.But that just turns out a bit too dark and looks very unnatural!so i ask your advice what shall i do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Ok, there is a makeup brand called Smashbox that do a great eyebrow kit. They have formulated a special one for blondes. In it, there is a substance kind of like an eyeshadow, and it's the coolur your eyebrows should look, and a fixing/tidying wax. To apply, you need to buy a brush- an eyeliner one- it has a slanted top and is made of coarse, stiff hairs. Just dab it into the shadow and sweep over your eyebrows- the brush perfects the shape, it's so easy. My eight year old sister could do it in her sleep. Alteratively, the Body Shop do a similar kit with two different colour shadow things and the brush, and it's only €16. All the Smashbox stuff costs €35 altogether, but it is worth it as it lasts longer and looks nicer on. Body Shop one is fine too though, Smashbox one is just better quality. It's available in Arnotts, tot he left of the front door, just before the Impulse shoe range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

well i got the same sorta one formulated for blondes by benefit-it had one wax and one powder.But it didnt really define my eyebrows that much-it just made them go gingery and was still pale at the edges when i stepped into certain lights so it looked like i had a shane lynch half eyebrow-not a good look-but anywho il check out the smashbox one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

I LOVE SHANE LYNCH! Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Like you, my eyebrows are extremely blonde. In fact, while I'm close to being redheaded, my eyebrows are bleached blonde. Tinting doesn't last, so I resort to using an eyebrow pencil to darken them everytime I wear makeup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Cool-but does it really look stupid if you have dark eyebrows and then blonde hair?cos arent you meant to dye your eyebrows the colour of your hair?But my eyebrows just look so inconspicuous and non existent when there blonde

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

You say the shape of your eyebrows are grand. Well then you could try a coloured eyebrow gel. It will keep your eyebrows shape in place and give them a colour aswell and will look natural opposed to pencilled on colour. I know MAC do them but I'm sure other companys do them.. prob like Benefit..they do everything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Rantorama

Very fair eyebrows myself...Marks and Spencer Just Prefect make up do a great eyebrow definer in light brown....v.natural without the ginger tinge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I use a No. 7 eyebrow pencil in light brown. It just darkens them enough that they match my hair better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

use one of the diy kits in brown but dont leave it on as long and you get a lighter brown which goes with most blondes. [i'm a natural blonde too btw!]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

panda100 wrote:
    i had a shane lynch half eyebrow-not a good look-but anywho il check out the smashbox one

Such a good look! :cool:

Get a good brown eyebrow pencil panda and just put it on lightly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

Jaysus - sorry, i'll probably end up sounding like one of the blokes around here but colouring in your eyebrows must be an awful pain in the arse! Thank heavens for brown eyebrows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I use a Rimmel eyebrow pencil. It's a light brown colour.
    I have red hair but my eyebrows are blonde and it definitely makes a difference using the pencil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I used to dye my own using a few different eyebrow dyes. Now I can't be arsed, and I shade them in with a copper-coloured eyeliner (hair currently hennaed).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

this is getting redikulous, i come here and find the general consensus to be that curls are a disaster, and not only that then ye get me all self conscious about my blonde eyebrows, which turns out, arent that visible, and now i think maybe i should be using some eyebrow pencil like a josephine well no... no i just wont have it!

I can see why people dont read fashion magazines now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

lollers @ lovelyhurling

dont worry i'm sure there are other curly headed light eyebrowed weirdos out there for you to befriend...

Advertisement