Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best sounding solid state mp3 player

• 30-12-2005 12:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭

which solid state player has the best sound 'disregarding' the supplied earphones.i'm looking for 256mb for jogging and don't want to spend crazy money.i already googled the boards but all the debates are givin' me a migraine

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

How about an iAudio 5, U2, or G3 or possibly an iRiver T30 or T20 FM?

The iAudio's do more, support more audio formats and (in my experience) sound better and work faster. Also, the iAudio U2 and the iRiver T20 FM are USB rechargeable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

thanks i'm looking at the iaudio5 at http://www.mx2.co.uk/default.asp?submit=Home will it drive my sennheiser hd497s for indoor use i wonder
    anyway i'll probably go with this thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Best sounding is the iPod Shuffle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Best sounding is the iPod Shuffle.
    Eh...? What do you base that on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Bard wrote:
    Eh...? What do you base that on?

Reading Head-Fi and various audiophile reviews. I bought one 2nd hand and it certainly sounds good. Of course you either hate the lack of a screen or you don't. The 4G ipod don't sound close, the new 5G iPod and nano sound pretty close to it. I reckon the Shuffle still sounds better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

i went with the shuffle and a set of mx500's off pixmania. good deal for 121 euro as long as i get everything working off them first time

Advertisement