Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get imagine broadband working on your own adsl router

• 30-12-2005 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Can any one help? it's not done the usual way they say you need some extra info but it seems a bit advanced for me to do it on my own.
    -
    You can use your own modem or Router if you choose, however, We will not support this modem or Router or make any assurances as to the quality of service you will receive by doing this. Also should there be any adverse effects of using your own equipment we shall be at all times completely indemnified against blame.

You will require the following information to configure your own modem or router

Encapsulation PPPoE

Multiplex LLC

VPI/VCI 8/35

DSL Username <your phone number including code>@imagine.ie or gaelic.ie e.g. 14375000@imagine.ie

Password xxxxxxxx all lowercase

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Crave wrote:
    Can any one help? it's not done the usual way they say you need some extra info but it seems a bit advanced for me to do it on my own.
    -
    You can use your own modem or Router if you choose, however, We will not support this modem or Router or make any assurances as to the quality of service you will receive by doing this. Also should there be any adverse effects of using your own equipment we shall be at all times completely indemnified against blame.

You will require the following information to configure your own modem or router

Encapsulation PPPoE

Multiplex LLC

VPI/VCI 8/35

DSL Username <your phone number including code>@imagine.ie or gaelic.ie e.g. 14375000@imagine.ie

Password xxxxxxxx all lowercase

You have all the information that you need there. you access your own router/modem normally by connecting it to your pc via an ethernet cable then keying into your browser http://192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 this should lead you to a set up page where you enter the data above - save the settings and that should be that.

When you access the router for the first time you will be asked for sign on and a password which should be given to you in the manual which you have read thoroughly? :) it is usually admin for the sign on and 'admin' again for the password or 'password'.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Crave

it's not that simple for setting up this router. i thought it would be, but i can't simply enter that info do i need to do it in wan config or what?

Crave wrote:
    it's not that simple for setting up this router. i thought it would be, but i can't simply enter that info do i need to do it in wan config or what?

Why is it so difficul to set up this mysterious routert?

Have you read the manual?

What make and model is it?

Why do you not want to use the modem that imagine supply?

Have you used this modem before?

it difficult because it doesn't just have a simple box to select what settings to have it's a cable and wirless router and we want it because it has wireless

Crave wrote:
    it difficult because it doesn't just have a simple box to select what settings to have it's a cable and wirless router and we want it because it has wireless

It would help if you gave the model number and make of the router.

Are you trying to use a wireless router with the modem supplied by Imagine or what exactly are you trying to do?

• Advertisement

cable & wireless
    model no. hsadslr15cw3

Crave wrote:
    cable & wireless
    model no. hsadslr15cw3

I cannot find any reference to that model number on google are you sure its right? Only place I can find c&w equipment on sale is Argos and they dont give any model number there.

Do you have a manual for it?

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6767990/Trail/C%24cip%3D28803.Office%2C%2BPC%2Band%2Bphones%3EC%24cip%3D28818.PC%2Bperipherals%2Band%2Baccessories%3EC%24cip%3D28830.PC%2Bnetworking%2Baccessories.htm

Advertisement