Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with play.com

Options
  • 30-12-2005 1:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

On 14th of December, I ordered 4 dvds from Play.com. The problem is outlined below, in the email I sent them yesterday. They haven't replied yet. I only want to ring if necessary since it is a distant call and I don't want to be put on hold for half an hour and that.

It's been two weeks at this stage, and I was wondering where I stand in terms of rights and stuff. Also, should I bother trying to get a compensation out of them like vouchers, etc?

Here is the email:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I ordered several dvds on 14th December 05. The following day, I received a message that my credit card details (Visa) had been declined. I was offered the opportunity to resubmit my details, which I did.

When I tried to track the order, the status has been “processing” for the last two weeks. The website will not allow me to cancel my order while in this status. This is entirely unsatisfactory. I’ve used Play.com before successfully, but this time resubmitted my credit card details. When I resubmitted my details, it said that they were accepted. On the same day, I ordered several dvds from Amazon.co.uk and received these in a matter of days.

The Play.com order was part of a Christmas present, and I am very disappointed that it did not arrive on time.

I would like to cancel the order forthwith and trust that you will confirm this by email.

I expect to hear from you as soon as possible.

The username is the same as this email address.

I feel I have been let down by what I thought was a reliable company and will reconsider using your service in the future.

Yours faithfully,
    ________

***btw, I know they've read the email because I attached one of those "read" reports...

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

ring them - you get through to play very very quickly. They are very amenable people and they are extremely quick to give their customers the benefit of the doubt i.e. resend products which are reported missing.

FWIW I think that they are a reliable, reputable and honest company based on my dealings with them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Sorry to hear your plight, if it's any reassurance, I find Play.com to be the best Internet retailer I've ever used (I've used a lot). Their customer service is swift and helpful, I'm sure you'll get a satisfactory resolution. CD-WOW are the worst in my opinion, they've ****ed me over too many times, I paid for Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney for the DS on the 3rd of December - I'm still waiting for it to be dispatched, every three days I get an email saying that the projected dispatch date is in a weeks time, when that day comes - another email saying in a weeks time. ****ing bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 salupa

used them loads of times,sometimes things do get lost in post,but in my experience they'll give u a refund if you ask

edit:because no use giving the prezzie now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sterculelum

No.. it's got nothing to do with being lost in the post. The items haven't even been sent yet, they're "processing". I don't think I've even been charged yet. I just need to cancel (which I can't at the moment) so that I can reorder...

i heard of people with irish bank credit cards having touble with english sites maybe that it... not sure if thats any help

• Advertisement

Yeah I had a feeling it might have something to do with that... I'll see if they reply tomorrow and then might ring them.

i think its to do do with your bank refusing to autorise the transaction, i cant really remember, i must ask my mate how he sorted it..

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

ring them and talk to them - when you have a problem its better than email...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I've always found PLAY.COM more then helpful on the phone. Ring them as suggested above.

I've had problems with PLAY.COM before and my credit card, a quick ring to them and confirmation of my details and they put it through. Irish postcodes, british companys ... it's not just PLAY.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

There's a couple of problems with that. I had that issue last month, but I rang them and they sorted it. Note that they do NOT display an email address on the site, so your emails may be going nowhere.

Here is their contact number

• Advertisement

Oh, and you won't be put on hold for half an hour. I was waiting about 60 seconds both times to be talking to someone, and that includes connection time.

Is that a premium rate or what?

I sent them to "privacy@play.com" cos it said that was for Customer Services...

Any chance of them taking calls on a Saturday?

It's not a premium rate, it's the british equivilent of a 1850. This is just how you dial it from outside the UK. I don't know about Saturday. I would assume so. Either way, it's too late to ring now :)

Okay I think I'll ring on Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

They had problems with my credit card before too, rang them and had it sorted in no time, I don't think I was on hold at all, through to an operator immediately.

Advertisement