Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Cross boarder SMS problems

• 30-12-2005 2:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭

I have just switched to 3 from O2 , but I have just found out that I cannot send or receive SMS messages from Spain. Are there any other countries for which there is a similar problem?

I have just written to comreg, the European commision and about to send one to their parent company in Hong Kong. For all the good that will do.

Any one else who wants to complain

The chairman of three's parent group address is:
    Mr. Li Ka-shing
    Hutchison Whampoa Limited
    22nd Floor
    Hutchison House
    10 Harcourt Road
    Hong Kong

Comregs complaint form:
    http://www.askcomreg.ie/about_us/form.asp

The EU commission's Directorate-General responsible for telecomunication regulation:
    infso-telecom@cec.eu.int

You can also ring 3 at 333 (if you are a customer (free)) or 083 333 3333, or you can email them at customer.services.ie@3mail.com

The more people that complain the better..........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭WillieFlynn

No where in their leaflets did they say that they did not allow text messages to spain and when I talked to them they also said that they do not allow you send texts to vodafone users in the UK either.

Also it is reasonable to expect to be able to communicate with phone users in other EU countries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

*sigh*

It's not like they are intentionally blocking you from doing this. They haven't got the agreements with the other operators in place yet - which 3 are blaming the other operators for, if I remember correctly from another thread on this board.

As for complaining to X, Y, Z, it generally makes you look like less of a crank if you complain to the relevant people first, and give them a chance to respond instead of firing off complaints willy nilly. I'm sure 3 will be crapping themselves over your letter to the EU. As it stands, 3 customer service will probably see your letter and :rolleyes:. I'm not sure I'd entirely blame them.

I complained first to 3. And as I said, I don't expect the regulators to do much. But raising the issue with them can do no harm.

BuffyBot wrote:
    ....They haven't got the agreements with the other operators in place yet - which 3 are blaming the other operators for,.....

If it is the case that they are being blocked by the other operators from reaching a reasonable agrement, then it should be up to the regulators to sort out the mess........ and the more complaints they receive, the more lightly this is to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

daveirl wrote:

While I didn't read all 189 thread index pages, I did read quite a few pages of this forum and also ran a few searches before posting.

Advertisement