Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dead pixels

• 30-12-2005 2:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭

just how many do i need to qualify for a replacement so far ive got =5

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭damiennolan

very good i'd imagine.

check out my experience with dead pixels in this post:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=320364

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

depending where you bought it you may qualify. just try, if your unsuccessful there are programs that may be able to remove them. here's 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

no program will remove a dead pixel. if it's stuck then you can remove it. i had dead pixels, was replaced no bother on the spot.

if you have a stuck pixel problem, i had one on my new psp, and it fixed itself randomly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

As far as I know in the states there is a minimum number required before you can get a replacement but the EU courts said Sony have to replace units with even one dead pixel if there still under warranty. All products in the EU have either 6 months or 1 year minimum warranty (can't remember which). If it's still within this time frame your entitled to a replacement and should read the thread posted earlier by someone with similiar experience to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Your dead pixel problem dhouldnt be a problem. They are relitivly un noticable t othe naked eye. Hence why alot of systems have the problem but not returned.

If you have pixels and it is causing you a down in quality, contact the store of purchase qouting that you have the dead pixel problem and ask whoyou msut contact for support.

you will be fowarded to sony ireland who will arrange for your replacement, if they feel your system is distored enough.

DONT be suprised or aggresive if the store wont replace your product. I'm not 100%sure but im pretty sure that warranty is delt with by the manafacturer not retailer, not sure.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

What's the difference between a dead and stuck pixel?

dead pixel appears white on screen and is just that - a dead pixel. it wont do anything.

a stuck pixel is a pixel that's gotten stuck on some colour. often if you swivel your psp you can see it's red/green/blue. the programs to fix them just flash red green blue over and over to make it "unstick"

Ah right cheers, so far I've noticed none on my screen but I haven't looked too hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

ive got six now checked again

weeder wrote:
    ive got six now checked again
    I'm sure that warrants replacement.

• Advertisement

yeah. they should be accomodating. if not, get yourself down to the consumers office and they'll write a letter for you to show... you'll see the manager **** himself right there and then

took it back to tesco and left the memory card out because i wanted my saves so he didnt check to box or ask did i buy it here just did i wanna refund or a new one and he got me a new giga pack with another memory stick in it so now ive 2 1GB sticks

hah sweet

Ha that's a score alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

And then you moan on these boards when you arnt given a refund? You just stole and admitted it on this forum....... hopefully you get banned tbh =D

If Tesco had of opened the box and seen the memory card missing you woulda been told to go packing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭trance2004

I've jusy checked mine and I have one dead pixel :(.
    I'd say for now there is nothing to be worried about-but what will happen if you get more dead pixels under the warranty-will they replace it with the one that has different firmware( currently on the market)?or can you request the one that you already have (mine is 2.0)?

cheers

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

trance2004 wrote:
    I'd say for now there is nothing to be worried about-but what will happen if you get more dead pixels under the warranty-will they replace it with the one that has different firmware( currently on the market)?or can you request the one that you already have (mine is 2.0)?

Don't be silly, you'll have to take what they have.

welll i checked again yes and this has one presumably stuck pixel but its at the very bottom of the screen and just where the black border of the screen is

trance2004 wrote:

cheers

as previously said, don't be stupid. they're not going to accomodate you because you want to run homebrew apps on your psp

i never said i complained about bot getting a refund i just asked wo7ld i get one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

i'm not sure if i have a stuck pixel or a dead pixel.

are dead pixels black? cause the one i have is white.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭trance2004

Found this: http://www.psp-vault.com/Article168.psp

They say that it has worked around 60% of the time.
    Trying it now :D .We'll see if its any good.
    At least its worth a try.

trance

Advertisement