Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

MMS on Vk530

• 30-12-2005 4:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hey,
    I'm having problems setting up MMS and WAP on a Vk530.

I just get a "Failed" message when I try send a MMS message. It doesn't seem to connect to the MMS server at all. The GPRS icon appears for a second and then disappears again just as quick.

These are the settings I used.

Profile Name: Meteor MMS
    Homepage: http://mms.mymeteor.ie
    APN: mms.mymeteor.ie
    Ip Address: 010.085.085.085
    Logon: my
    Pass: wap
    Packet Size: 200

These are the only options there are in the Multimedia Messages Settings Panel.

I don't really know whats wrong.

Any ideas??

Cheers,
    esmurph

Just as a note I could send MMS's on the phone when I had my vodaphone sim in it. I got it unlocked to use my meteor number.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

When I saw VK 530 and Meteor I was like, woah.... I thought only Vodafone sold it.

And look, I was right. As with any case of buying a phone from one network and using it with another its going to be hit and miss. If the network dont sell it they dont support it.

Did ya ring them and they told ya the same thing? I'd say switch back to Vodafone but the phones not worth it. You cant receive ringtones on it even when you are on Vodafone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Are your GPRS Settings changed too? It's all well and good changing the MMS settings (Which are fine) but you need to change the GPRS settings too.

Homepage: http://wap.mymeteor.ie
    APN: wap.mymeteor.ie
    Ip Address: 010.085.085.085
    Logon: my
    Pass: wap
    Connection: non-secure

Advertisement