Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My Name is Earl

• 30-12-2005 8:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

Starting on channel4 on the 6th January at 22:00, ive seen the first 10 episodes and I would recommended this comedy to anyone, even if your easily offened this comedy shouldn't put you off. A great watch. :D

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I watched the first 20 minutes of this tonight and had to turn it off (my bro sent it from America). Thought it was crap.

Very white trash, made me a bit depressed! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i like it a lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Good show, some great characters in it, the brother randy is brilliant as is joy and crabman.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Chopper

I've seen all 10 episodes also and I love it. Best idea for a tv series I've seen in long time. AND it's educational - in the Eastern Instant Karma sense....

The first 2 are not the best of the bunch so keep watching; this series is going to be huge !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I love it, was recently introduced to it and im hooked one of the funniest shows I've seen in a long time. Have given it to several people since and they are all hooked.

Randy is by far my favourite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Excellent show... first episode is (in my opinion) probably the weakest of the lot so don't judge it on that!

Best new comedy of the season!

Highly recommended! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭jonski

Saw the first episode and was hooked straight away .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

first episode is repeated on E4 tomorrow night in case anyone missed it on C4 or doesnt have C4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

watched the repeat there last nite, I think it's great, may even watch it again today on E4. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

watched it last Friday and thought it has great potential...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

The first episode made me chuckle a few times, I'll definitely be staying tuned.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 121 ✭✭irishpal25

ive seen all 11 eps. its a brilliant show. there is another new ep 2nyt in america

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

irishpal25 wrote:
    there is another new ep 2nyt in america
    any1 know how she's doing stateside? :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

it's doing quite well over there. just moved to the prestigious thursday night slot and won best new comedy at tuesday's people's choice awards.

it just keeps getting better.

there was a little homage to director kevin smith in last weeks episode. when randy wakes up he says the words "poopie trim". this line was spoken by ethan suplee (randy) in smith's film "mallrats" and again by jason mewes in "dogma". both times they had just been woken up.

smith gave both suplee and lee their start in movies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

julep wrote:
    there was a little homage to director kevin smith in last weeks episode. when randy wakes up he says the words "poopie trim". this line was spoken by ethan suplee (randy) in smith's film "mallrats" and again by jason mewes in "dogma". both times they had just been woken up.
    Yep.. noticed that!

Loved the slogans for the ranch last week! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

The first episode was ok - it will be interesting to see if it grows on me now that the premise has been set

basquille wrote:
    Loved the slogans for the ranch last week! :D

"we don't do anything to kids"

absolutely brilliant. jaime pressley has the white thrash thing down to a t and jason lee is so laid back as earl that it's a surprise he actually achieves anything on his list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Pretty good, for an overhyped US import! :D

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Saw the 1st ep last night,not impressed at all. Very few laughs and just not very good. As far as new comedies go, the Everybody Hates Chris pilot was far better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

It was alright.i liked the bit in the instant karma episode with the guy who can only lie if he has exactly 4 beers in him that was funny and the woman in it is hot!!!Theres much much better shows tho.

• Advertisement

It was alright.i liked the bit in the instant karma episode with the guy who can only lie if he has exactly 4 beers in him that was funny and the woman in it is hot!!!There's much much better shows though.

give it time. it was only the first episode. as with any show the first few episodes are used so that you get to know the characters. trust me when i say that it keeps getting funnier. i just watched episode 11 and nearly pissed myself laughing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Ok I just watched the 2nd episode and it was A LOT better than the 1st. I'm still nto convinced it is the best new comedy this year as some have said (That still belongs to Everybody Hates Chris),but Ill stay watching Earl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Yep deffo better.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Saw first 4-5 episodes. Started good but then got boring. I love Earl and Randy though. Rednecktastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Its a great series one of the best of recent years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I've seen the first three now and have the next 9 to fit into my schedule soon. Think it looks very very good so far, good to see a new comedy coming on the scene.

Thumbs very much up!
    norbert64 wrote:
    any1 know how she's doing stateside?

"The premiere episode drew in 15.2 million viewers in the United States, earning a 6.6 rating. By the airing of the third episode it was apparent that My Name Is Earl was the most popular of NBC's new fall offerings, and a full season of 22 episodes was ordered [1]. In its first month, it was also the most popular new sitcom of the season to air on any network and was the most popular sitcom on any network in the coveted 18–49-year-old demographic."

Also found a few hidden funnys, very good altogether:
    * In "Randy's Touchdown" (1.3), when Earl is in the copy store, Randy is in the background holding a handwritten sign that reads "High Def Rocks." The sign can only be seen when the show is viewed in 16x9 high definition.

* Another sign only legible in high definition reading "Carl Hickey loves High Def" can be seen among the campaign materials in "Cost Dad the Election" (1.9).

* In "Barn Burner" (1.10), it appears that Catalina is cursing out Joy in Spanish. Actually, what she says is "I want to thank all the Spanish speaking Latinos who faithfully tune in to watch the show every week. And to those of you who aren't Latino, but understand what I'm saying, congratulations for knowing two languages."

Advertisement