Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Space flight sim

Options
  • 30-12-2005 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭

Have'nt played one of these on the PC for a while and am suddenly in the mood for one. Last ones i played were tachyon, starlancer and xwing alliance. Anyone got any PC recommendations besides the X games?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

I can only think of X3..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Orbiter 2001 - look it up at the Underdogs, it's great, it looks real good and it's free (but it's a sim-sim ;), the 'real' deal, not trigger-happy space combat)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

AnCapaillMor - Orbiter 2005 might wet your pants -> http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/orbit.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

The "Descent/Conflict: Freespace" series - dated but still immense fun,

There is also an entry in Wiki on this -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orbiter_%28sim%29

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Freespace 2. Freespace 2. Omg freespace 2.

I like freespace 2. I believe it may actually be freeware these days, still looks gorgeous even for its age.

Yup - Freespace 2 is good and is free on the UnderDogs web page. It's about a 210Mb download.

Celestia is nice too... not quite a sim but check it out too. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

I-War

A bit complex to control, but I thought it was quality. A bit old now though.

Advertisement