Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

setting up an ftp but only connecting to router

• 30-12-2005 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭

i need to set up a tempory ftp, so i have gone onto http://www.dyndns.com/ and setup an address, i have also forwarded port 21 and 2499 UDP to 192.168.1.34 to my pc. However when i go to my dns address i get a login screen, but its the login screen for my router config not the ftp.

How do i get it to forward to my ftp machine, i have a zyxel prestige 623 and am on iol

thanks for any advice

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Are you trying to access the ftp site from a machine on your internal network?

Your router knows when the traffic is internal or external - all internal traffic is given the login page for the router config.

Try access it using www.web2ftp.com and see how you get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,012 ✭✭✭✭Stark

For FTP, you'll need to forward TCP ports 20 and 21. (FTP uses seperate ports for control and data).

Advertisement