Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dire Straits - Musical Genuis?

Options
  • 30-12-2005 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

Well as you all know form looking at the Dublin Bus you wil lsee Dire Straits have released a greatest hits album. And may I say none fitting such an epic and collosul band like these.

This album contains what really are great hits, all the best, money for nothing, sultans of swing, walk of life, brothers in arms, on every corner and the lsit goes on.

I have always felt that the title of the best guitar player and solist is thrown around very freely. I dont really think many people can compare the riffs and sounds emitited from Mark Knopflerrs guitar. Anytime I hear the solos from sultans of swing and money for nothing, i feel shovers down my back. They may not be the most advanced or technically challenging solos ever, but I feel their simplicity makes them marvelous.

What you guys think? I really do feel they gave us some of the best guitar solos of all time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Knopfler is certainly a very ****ing deadly guitarist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Knopfler is the MAN! Haven't heard his new album yet, but I have most of their older albums anyway. 'Alchemy' was the best of all their albums in my opinion, closely followed by 'Love Over Gold' album.

BTW, was anyone at Knopfler's concert in the Point last May? Best concert EVER!

Advertisement