Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Angela Lansbury fighting nazis!!!!!!!!

• 30-12-2005 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

Right now there is a film on with "murder she wrote" battling nazis !!!!!!

It got me thinking , i'd say about 60% of the films iv seen on TV over christmas have involved nazis at some level, even the girlie films that I caught glimpses of. When did this crazy christmas+nazi combination come about?
    I'll try and compile a small list:

1.The great escape ( I didnt actully see it but I assume it was on)
    2.Escape to victory (silvester stalone fighting nazis)
    3.Some film with frank sinatra fighting nazis
    4.The sound of music ( some kids fighting nazis and singing , i think this one was on twice for ****s sakes)
    5.Crazy film with Angela landsbury fighting nazis

There was at least 3 more that I only caught glimpses and we didnt even have an Indiana jones film this year, that would have added another one.

Feel free to add to the list.

(they should just show "The Snowman" more often no nazis and a warm hearted film.)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

any film set in the 30/40s just had nazis as bad guys :D
    expect king kong... that had a monkey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.
    Arthur Slugworth (the apparent evil rival who tried to bribe each kid to hand over an ever-lasting gobstopper....turns out he was a setup) was made to look like a Nazi.

I mean, does this guy look like a chocolate maker to you?
    Perhaps nothing but the finest white chocolate methinks....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭pat kenny

"Arthur Slugworth (the apparent evil rival who tried to bribe each kid to hand over an ever-lasting gobstopper....turns out he was a setup) was made to look like a Nazi."

Thats an interesting bit of trivia that I never knew before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yes, I agree. The number of films with the Nazis as heroes is seriously under-represented at christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

and yet during the sound of music, was I the only one cheering for the nazis - if anything but to end the singing, dancing, etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,966 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

because you can't fight anything else (besides aliens) without getting sued by a "minority" or two these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

I think the most obvious ones are Indiana Jones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Ah the good old generic nazi enemy, keeping innocent freedom fighter descendant kids entertained at the weekends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

whiskeyman wrote:
    I mean, does this guy look like a chocolate maker to you?

No, he looks more like Eamonn DeValera to me! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

pat kenny wrote:
    3.Some film with frank sinatra fighting nazis
    wasn't that von ryans express?
    and if you had digital you will have gotten the excellent "Downfall" on more 4 on christmas week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement