Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Any more news on O2 3G?

• 30-12-2005 3:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,018 ✭✭✭✭

January 2006 was the last date i heard...

So anyone got any more information regarding developments on O2 taking on 3G?

And as a sub-question.. does anyone really use it on Vodafone / 3? Doesn't seem to have had quite a grasp on Ireland as it has elsewhere.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

basquille wrote:
    January 2006 was the last date i heard...

So anyone got any more information regarding developments on O2 taking on 3G?

And as a sub-question.. does anyone really use it on Vodafone / 3? Doesn't seem to have had quite a grasp on Ireland as it has elsewhere.

They have been selling their 3G data cards now for some time and they seem to work well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

basquille wrote:

Use it the odd time. The problem is not 3G in itself, but that most phones don't have the power to handle the 'proper' Internet.

Sure, the difference in speed is noteable, but you're still loading the same boring content.

Lets face it, *most* of those 'wap' style pages are pretty pants.

As for it having grasp elsewhere.... I don't have numbers, but i'm not convinced the 3G has made the big splash they (somehow) decided it would in any country.

The rate at which people change their phones appears to have decreased, on that basis 02 can't really be blamed for dragging their heels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

I love the video calling part of 3g. The music and videos are good but a pain when you change phones.

Advertisement