Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Router/switch

Options
  • 30-12-2005 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭

Hey folks, need some advice on a router.

I am using leap.ie as my ISP and it's their wireless broadband service.

So basically I have a wireless antenna, cat 5 running to an SU unit, then from the SU a crossover cable to my PC.

Now i've been looking at setting up a wireless network however I will need a router for the job. So I tried an Eircom DSL router which I later found out will not work with that type of BB. IBB is the same apperently for those of you who have experience with them.

So I am looking for a Router + Switch (basically an all in 1 job) that will support this type of BB connection and allow wireless access.

If anyone who knows what I need can help, much appreciated.

Ta V Much.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Have you called leap and asked if they offer a router for the issue you are having

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Are you looking for a wireless router + wired switch combo or just an wired router/switch?

Pretty much every wireless router has the functionality that you specified. So long as the WAN port is ethernet, not DSL or other.
    Eg http://www.komplett.ie/k/kl.asp?bn=10282 all but one has what you requested. (offhand, for a home user my choice from that page would be the linksys mimo)

Am I missing something? If you can provide the details of the 'SU unit' and the eircom router that is not suitable (presumably a netopia specifically for DSL to ethernet)

Advertisement