Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eg top 50 games

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i say they just put half life 2 in for a laugh.. suppose it did go to xbox this year though!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

5 God of War
    4 Darwinia
    3 Shadow of the Colossus [Have it but havent played-pending ICO completion]
    2 Resident Evil 4[Have it, too scary to play]
    1 Street Fighter 3 [Play it everyday] ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

*Drumroll*

No.1:
    Psychonauts!

Funnily enough, of the top 5 the only two I've played are the 'obscure' ones, Darwinia and Psychonauts. Didn't like darwinia at all to be honest, maybe I didn't give it enough time.

I couldn't find a bad thing to say about Psychonauts, and yet I never completed it. It just got consumed by my WoW addiction.... I really must try and go back to it some time. It did seem to do just about everything perfectly.

Out of the other 3, I haven't played God of War because I just have this image of you walking from level to level hitting things, it seems beyond cliched no matter how polished it is. I'm probably wrong but *shrug*

I have resi 4 sitting next to my PS2, my uncle bought it and played it religiously till he completed it, I watched occasionally and never had the urge to play either, I've never liked Resi for some reason.

SOTC I really want though, when it comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Well deserves it, it's good to see originality and humour getting credit. I think darwinia is in it's right place in the top 5 too, it's awkward to get used to but it's hugely charming and the presentation is excellent-not to mention that the little green stick men have more character than most actual characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

You really need to get playing GoW and RE4 steviec.

There is much more to GoW than hitting things, but even that is great fun and RE4 is nothing like any other Resi game. I haven't heard of someone yet who doesn't adore RE4 after playing through it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Havent played Darwinia but the others deserve to be there, Psyco as pimped here by those who got it from US at the time is worthy of a top 3 inclusion but better than Res4? I doubt it psyco is thw pinnacle of 3d platformer it takes everything good from Mario and Banjo and Guywood and makes them better and of course keeps the damn camera that kills you. But its still an amazing game.

But res4 is i thought was better as its a more straight line linear game, psyco after the 1st 3 levels becomes a simple platformer with a great funny stroy, res turns into a pulsating action game.

All great games tho cept Darwinia never played that. And is there still no Xbox only game there? Or am i blind?

kdjac

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,406 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nope no xbox only game. None deserved it either. It was a terrible year for the box. Strangers Wrath was probably the best and that didn't deserve to be in the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Ciaran500 wrote:
    I haven't heard of someone yet who doesn't adore RE4 after playing through it.
    Well now you have! I didn't get the buzz at all. What's so special about it?

Granted I didn't play it for all that long, but if a game doesn't grip you in the first hour then why you should you bother?

edit: Whoops, after playing THROUGH it. Oh, okay. Still, if a game doesn't grip you in the first hour then why bother?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,406 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Because it might get better. Frankly anyone I've shown it to or has played it thought that the bit at the start when you are trapped in the village with the villagers and the chainsaw guy after you was one of the coolest videogame moments ever. After that the quality of the game was just as consistently brilliant the whole way through with lots of surprises. I don't know what games you are playing that leaves you unimpressed with Resi 4 but please tell me what they are. Resi 4 is the best game I have played in a very long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Looking at this list, and release dates on play.com, February's looking like a bit of a pileup! We Love Katamari on the 3rd, Psychonauts a week later, and Shadow of the Colossus on the 24th! Bye bye college!

• Advertisement
Advertisement