Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brownies/Ladybirds in the Mayo region

Options
  • 30-12-2005 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭

I have a four year old counsin who lives in Mayo.Her mother is interested in sending her to the ladybirds but we dont know of any groups in the area.

Is there a ladybirds group(and for future reference a Brownies group)in Knock/Kiltimaugh/Catlebar area?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Ragazza

contact The Irish girl guide Head office in dublin. They are very helpful.
    http://www.irishgirlguides.ie/contact/index.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

Now its my turn to try and steal a recruit, if you fail to find a guide group try joining the scouts. Most of our groups operate a fully coed policy (but we still have a few male only neanderthals left mainly in cork (they don't like change) and dublin!

As you can see from the post there are a few groups in mayo!

Our junior section are beavers and are open from the age of 6 years and up.

# 1st Mayo Castlebar
    # 2nd Mayo Westport
    # 3rd Mayo Ballinrobe
    # 5th Mayo Ballina
    # 8th Mayo Belmullet
    # 9th Mayo Claremorris
    # 18th Mayo Knockmore
    # 20th Mayo Snugboro
    # 21st Mayo Lahardane
    # 22nd Mayo Achill

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

We get few enough girls into Guiding as it is, without you stealing them away Neil! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

Ah come on now - i suggested an alternative if she could not find a girl guide group!

FAO the OP : also try http://www.girlguidesireland.ie/index.shtml as Irish guiding has two associations, the Irish Girl Guides and the Catholic Guides Ireland that offer programmes for young women, sometimes a town will not have an IGG group but a CGI one and obviously the opposite sometimes applies as well!

Having said that, i've always found that i've gotten more free food off the IGG's;) ;);)

You know its true, the way to a mans heart is through his stomach...........:D

Advertisement