Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I complain about a Moderator?

Options
  • 30-12-2005 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭

Who do I go to to complain about a mod?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

here

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It depends on your complaint.

If you're unhappy with a thread being locked or moved, PM the moderator who moved it, and discuss it with them.

If you're unhappy with a banning, PM the moderator who banned you and discuss it.

If you're unhappy about a moderator's conduct on a board that he/she doesn't moderate, complain to the moderator of that board.

If you're unhappy about a moderator's conduct on a board that he/she does moderate, complain here.

If after doing one of the first three above, you're still not happy, complain here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Tenner says its WWM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

Pighead wrote:
    Tenner says its WWM!

That would be a shock :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Pighead wrote:
    Tenner says its WWM!
    I'll take that bet for €50 both ways. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I'll bet Pigman €50 it's not WWM :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Stark wrote:

Aw no, what happened to your "mod of the gays" tagline. I must say I really liked that!

edit: It's back! :)

Stark wrote:

I'll take that bet too as I know I banned Lazy Daisy from politics today.
    Thats the 2nd banning for abuse in a month.

The first ban was for a week and obviously didnt work.

Heres what she was banned for this time.

Pretty straight foward

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Ah well no loss so!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

why are some people a bunch of cry babies?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭lazydaisy

ITs that Earthman doesnt ban other people for far worse. So there seems to be a certain policy of different courses for different horses.

Hes biased and unfair. Thats my complaint. I cant post links because I dont have access to them.

Beleve me gandalf its no loss to me either.

Oh and just to add, that Im not seeking a lift on the banning. I wont be returning so goodbye.

But you should know that you have a mod who is not only biased but doesnt know what hes doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sterculelum

See ya, bud.

*wipes tear from eye...

lazydaisy get off your cross. I had 6 reported posts today. All from politics bar one and all from one thread and all involving you. One was from you which tbh was because you had another poster confronting your views. The others were people complaining about you not backing up your views or avoiding debate.

Obviously Earthman decided to check on your other posts. In future if you see people not being banned please click on this image report.gif and report it because thats how we actually ban most people. You wouldn't put us through the pain of reading all the posts in the forum now would you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

lazydaisy wrote:

Hes biased and unfair. Thats my complaint. I cant post links because I dont have access to them.

If you do decide to stay around, you can access the politics board without logging in (its your account thats banned, not your IP), find the links then either discuss it with a politics mod other than Earthman, or post them here.

I don't believe you'll get satisfaction, mainly because I've read the thread you got banned on and both yours and Nox's (who joined you in the sin bin shortly after) compaints of bias are unfounded. IMO of course.

gandalf,

There were tons of people not backing up their fictionlised nonsense.

I reported someone because they told me to do something or shut up. They didnt get banned. I have endured a number of insults, and not one of the sources of those insults have been banned, not even for a day.

Earthman complained to me that I should provide links in my complaint. I cant do that here because I dont have access to them because I am banned.

Its biased and its unfair. Dont minimise what Im saying by accusing me of playing the martyr.

Additionally I get a lecture from school principal earthman, i"i didnt see you learned from your last banning". Theres no reason for snide condescending comments, he's not my daddy and Im not a schoolgirl.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

lazydaisy wrote:
    Theres no reason for snide condescending comments

Physician, heal thyself?
    lazydaisy wrote:
    Who taught you political theory, Dustin the turkey?

Your naivety is kind of sweet if it werent so irritating.

Wake up Dorothy.

Follow my advice above to link to the offending posts.

Well let me make it simple for you ok. You report posts where you feel you are being insulted.

Earthman obviously looked at the post you reported like me and he did nothing, why is that because there was no insult in both our opinions. On boards you are responsible for your own posts, you were banned before for insults so you should have known better. Your defense of others do it so I should be able to is childish at best and holds no water here.

Now if you want to pursue this you can view the politics board logged out and you collate the links where you think you are being insulted and I will review them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

lazydaisy wrote:
    ITs that Earthman doesnt ban other people for far worse. So there seems to be a certain policy of different courses for different horses.

1. Hit report post if you feel hard done by.
    2. Ask the other poster not to do it again.

Incidently I was banned from Politics as well before, for the same reason as you. You learn from your mistakes. Although in fairness if I plan to insult someone I don't hold back. :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I'd say Earthman is one of the most fair/leval headed mods, he banned me once from the weather forum but it was temporary and I learned my lesson, ban ended and happily I'm back in and believe he treats me fairly like any other poster there.

I think you just didnt get the message first time and suprise suprise you were kicked again, if it was me would be once bitten twice shy and perm ban you from the forum in question.

G'WAN the Earthman :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

lazydaisy wrote:
    I wont be returning so goodbye.

I think I speak for all of us when I say "Alleluia, praise the lord!"

And do not neglect our friend, the humble apostrophe!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I wont be returning so goodbye.

Result!
    gandalf,

There were tons of people..blah blah blah

D'oh!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

lazydaisy wrote:
    Earthman complained to me that I should provide links in my complaint. I cant do that here because I dont have access to them because I am banned.

If you are viewing the site from http://boards.ie then go to http://www.boards.ie and make sure you aren't logged in there. You can then easily switch between logged in/not logged in.

While your not logged in you can read the politics forum fine. just can't post. Technically you could post in personal issues as a guest and they would move it but the mods there make Earthman look like a cute furry bunny when it comes to messing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Longfield wrote:
    he banned me once from the weather forum

You were banned from the weather forum .. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Wicknight wrote:
    You were banned from the weather forum .. :D

Ah, it was only a storm in a teacup...

(tumbleweed...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

lazydaisy wrote:
    ITs that Earthman doesnt ban other people for far worse.

He probably didn't see it. If you have an objection to something someone has said to you, or if you think someone is insulting you, inform a mod. But someone disagreeing with you, or demanding you back something up, is not a personal insult. You may notice that you yourself were only banned when you actually started posting very childish insults while completely ignoring the points being made. If someone is doing the same to you report them.

And by the way, I didn't report you for your responses to my post (that wasn't even to you btw) in Politics

Lazydaisy you seem to have a massive chip on your sholder about how people in on Boards.ie view the current US government, which you seem to think is very very unfair. Some of that might be perfectly justified, people on Boards.ie tend to be quite anti-Bush. But that isn't the point.

You are prefectly allowed have a chip on your sholder about anything. But if you are going to argue that this bias exists as a serious point, that us "Euros" are biased against anything the US government does or says, you might want to spend a bit of time articulating your thoughts into coherent arguments. Simply saying that we are biased and then standing back as if all is now revealed is rather pointless, it doesn't prove your point, and it makes you look like you don't actually have anything to back it up with.

Also getting all worked up and spouting abuse at a post you don't agree with is childish in the extreme. If you believed my arguments on Islamic terrorism were incorrect, flawed or baseless, argue that they are incorrect flawed or baseless. Saying "Who taught you political theory, Dustin the turkey?" and then nothing more about the point just looks stupid, as if you disagree but have not idea why you disagree or have no ability to form that disagreement into a conherent argument.

Also when people are having a serious discussion about as particular event (the Italian kidnapping), jumping in with an irrelivent rant about how we are all just bias against America is deflection from the actual issues, and also rather pointless. You don't prove anything either way, you just look like you don't have anything actually to contribute to the discussion but you want to some how point out that we are all wrong.

You have done this to me a number of times in this thread and other. When faced with an argument from me (or others) you clearly disagree with but seem unable to explain why the argument or point is incorrect or flawed, you resort to childish responses. Simply saying things along the lines of "you are stupid" or "you are so arrogant" or "I have a right to have a different opinion" is completely pointless in a discussion board where people are expect to challange each others view points at every post.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

God, I love the smell of a good whinge in the evening!

The amount of PMs I get concerning bannings from PI that end in "I don't mind being banned cause I'm not coming back anyway...." :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Pighead wrote:
    Tenner says its WWM!

you owe me a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

lazydaisy wrote:
    Additionally I get a lecture from school principal earthman, i"i didnt see you learned from your last banning".
    It would appear that you didn't though.
    Theres no reason for snide condescending comments, he's not my daddy and Im not a schoolgirl.
    There's an inference that wasn't contained in the line you quoted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

sceptre wrote:
    There's an inference that wasn't contained in the line you quoted.
    It rather depends on her relationship with her daddy and what she got up to in school, I'd imagine.

Oh LD. I reported your posts :)

I did get dragged into off-topic debates with you a brazillian times (my fave Bush joke that) but thats nothing new with me, but by and large, I did, politely try and explain to you about the things called "opinions" and the the difference between people and the opinions that people have.

For instance, you can not like someones opinions - and harshly express this, while still having respect for them.

Likewise you can respect and agree with the opinions of someone you find as disagreeable as a banana in a pelvic exam, if say, Gandalf were to hold the opinion that youre a whiney, preachy, know-it-all, control-freak that probably needs nothing more than a good shag and maybe to get out and see the world a bit more, I might agree with him. I'd still think he's a big wet hen, girly whirly gooner supporter though ;)

Now, it may seem like a harsh lesson and you may be boiling with uncontrollable rage and hatred (maybe even towards someone as lovable as me), but if its any consolation, you made me post in a somewhat serious manner in feedback. Its a small victory, but probably the only one you're likely to get. So savour it :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement