Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I complain about a Moderator?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

lazydaisy wrote:
    I reported someone because they told me to do something or shut up. They didnt get banned. I have endured a number of insults, and not one of the sources of those insults have been banned, not even for a day.

that would ahve been me. you repeatedly accused me of making derogetory remarks about Americans. a claim which I denied, eventually I got pissed at you and gave you the choice of either posting links to where I had made such remarks or to shut up. and that was the edited version. I am disappointed that you haven't done either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭lazydaisy

BTS -

You keep saying i accused you of that, but you didnt't back that up either.

I see you're still talking about urine.

psi- That is truly the most disgusting post I have yet to read on boards. ie. Sick.

So sorry to be leaving the barnyard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

lazydaisy wrote:

For someone storming off in disgust, you're taking your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

rsynnott wrote:
    For someone storming off in disgust, you're taking your time.

All i can say is lol....lol and then some...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

lazydaisy wrote:
    BTS -

You keep saying i accused you of that, but you didnt't back that up either.

I see you're still talking about urine.

psi- That is truly the most disgusting post I have yet to read on boards. ie. Sick.

"round and round and round we go, where we stop, nobody knows

You posted the following in the thread in politics
    lazydaisy wrote:
    I will still stand by that opinion, that Euros will jump down your throat if you say anything at all that disagrees with them about America or Americans. And they can dish it out but they cant take it..

I pointed out to you that you were making generalisations, which you denied repeatedly. then you accused me of misrepresenting you. which I havent. you made a generalisation about how ALL europeans see ALL americans (ignore the fact that the europeans you are referring to are only critisising US foreign policy)
    Whilst I have poked fun at the right wing in America, I have yet to see where I have posted a supposedly derogetory comment about all Americans..

to which you replied, and remember you provided fcuk all in the way of references to my anti-americanisms...
    lazydaisy wrote:
    Believing is seeing BTS.

this is where I got sick of you...
    Where in this thread have I used an insulting term to describe americans in general. either back up your accusation or shut up.

so there you are. I have provided as much as i can be arsed to look for at this time. I will let the other users of the site find your comments to them themselves.

now it is your turn. for the last time before you leave us. point out where i a) made a derogetory remark about americans and b) misrepresented you.

I promised myself i wouldnt ask you this again, but I am confident that you are wrong on this one.

hell i will even help you along. here is a link to the thread you should be able to see even when banned

http://dontlogin.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054866303

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

lazydaisy wrote:

Ah no, I'm sure gandalf knows I'm not seriously slagging him.

I'll miss you. I hope you find somewhere that all your built up paranoia and angst can be put to use - maybe a nice al qaeda terrorist cell? Thats how it starts you know. They take people with plyable minds, lots of hatred and rage and they brainwash them.

I hope orange is your colour!

Incidently "BTS"- I dont think you made a good case there. Still looks like you hate all americans and I'll be informing homeland security next time you head for an airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

Sico wrote:
    Ah, it was only a storm in a teacup...

(tumbleweed...)

this made me laugh ... how did you get banned from the weather board anyways .

also is the op a girl ? just wondering

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

psi wrote:
    Oh LD. I reported your posts :)

Have you not grown out of that phase yet?

Ahh Bless you are so easily offended.:eek:what part of her post offended you most?

The Muppet wrote:
    Have you not grown out of that phase yet?

Ahh Bless you are so easily offended.:eek:what part of her post offended you most?

Ah don't worry, you've nothin to worry about. I was quite happy to get you banned from soccer for a month or so and leave it at that :)

psi wrote:
    Ah don't worry, you've nothin to worry about. I was quite happy to get you banned from soccer for a month or so and leave it at that :)

Thats a fantastic imagination you have there. The only ban I have ever recieved from soccer was because somone I sponsored got banned. Still I do remember your efforts to get me banned by starting trouble in posts and then reporting them. Nice of you to admit to what I have always said about you.

I see you havn't changed much, still trolling , and picking on "noobs". Good thing the powers that be here copped onto you and took you down to size.

You didn't answer my question. What part of lazysdaisys post offended you so much that you had to report it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Oh dear ...

The Muppet wrote:
    You didn't answer my question. What part of lazysdaisys post offended you so much that you had to report it ?

Did you read the post at all? Honestly, anyone that bloody patronising should be banned immediately, preferably on a site-wide basis. I don't think it's her first offence, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

The Muppet wrote:
    I see you havn't changed much, still trolling , and picking on "noobs". Good thing the powers that be here copped onto you and took you down to size.
    Pot... Kettle... 'An all that
    Shock! Horror! Muppet in "You didn't answer my question" dillema. Leaves a bit of a taste in your mouth, does'nt it? Muppet.

Nice addition to the thread there Amz, starting off the new year as you finished off the last, I see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Hobart wrote:
    Pot... Kettle... 'An all that

Shock! Horror! Muppet in "You didn't answer my question" dillema. Leaves a bit of a taste in your mouth, does'nt it? Muppet.

Nice addition to the thread there Amz, starting off the new year as you finished off the last, I see.
    el_panda_flamethrower_wallpaper.jpg

rsynnott wrote:
    Did you read the post at all? Honestly, anyone that bloody patronising should be banned immediately, preferably on a site-wide basis. I don't think it's her first offence, anyway.

Yes I read the post. Since when has being patronising a bannable offence here . I didn't see anything in the thread that merited a ban but from past experience I know Earthman to be very fair and he indicated there is history here, which is why I didn't comment on the ban.

I was just commenting on psi's fondness of reporting posts. On reflection I'm sure the mods of the politics are well aware of that.

@Hobart
    Did Santa Bring you a new sig? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

The Muppet wrote:
    I was just commenting on psi's fondness of reporting posts.

what are you?

the reported posts police?

surely you have better things to do with your time than worry about how often someone reports posts?

The Muppet wrote:
    Thats a fantastic imagination you have there. The only ban I have ever recieved from soccer was because somone I sponsored got banned. Still I do remember your efforts to get me banned by starting trouble in posts and then reporting them. Nice of you to admit to what I have always said about you.

Actually, you're right. They didn't ban you. They just blacklisted your access rights. To think I got caught out on semantics :)

Ah you heard of the rebellion then? My Napoleonesque exile was long and hard, but eventually my supporters called me back to mount a campaign against the dull, the inane and the imbicilic.

However, Hobart seems to have you pegged already and I don't really want to step on his toes (again).

Nothing, generally I agree with everything she says and think her posts are at least as intelligent, worthwhile and well argued as yours. However, she wore navy socks and black shoes one day and I felt the need to persecute her.

Now she is banned from politics. Thats phase one completed. Phase three will be profit.

The Muppet wrote:
    Yes I read the post. Since when has being patronising a bannable offence here . I didn't see anything in the thread that merited a ban but from past experience I know Earthman to be very fair and he indicated there is history here, which is why I didn't comment on the ban.

I was just commenting on psi's fondness of reporting posts. On reflection I'm sure the mods of the politics are well aware of that.

Translation: "Whoops, I got caught trolling and look very stupid questioning a mod ban. I best go lick some ass to get out of it..... I hope noone questions the stupidity of my reasoning, I best have a pop at psi."

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Admins can you lock this thread please as the OP seems to have gone off in a sulk and I have not received any examples from them of this bias of Earthmans.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

gandalf wrote:
    Admins can you lock this thread please as the OP seems to have gone off in a sulk and I have not received any examples from them of this bias of Earthmans.

STONE HIM!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭grubber

rsynnott wrote:

I read it. You (and others) accuse LD of being patronising. Yet abrasive and patronising responses are the hallmark of the poster she was mainly replying to in the thread. Here are some examples:

QUOTE from Wicknight
    "You apparently don't understand what public relations means ............."

REPLY From LD
    "Oh yes I do. You dont. Im guessing you want Saatchi and Saatchi or Max Clifford on the case. Would you like to prepare another dialogue for us, between the Taliban and Max Clifford perhaps?"

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wicknight
    You are over whelming with your thought out carefully constructed criticism and debating skills ... please, please stop, you are making my points look so foolish ... .............

Reply from LD
    "You manage to do that all on your own without any help from me."

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wicknight
    That sentence doesn't even make sense. How can "power" be a rationalisation for anti-American feeling in Muslims

"Well Muhammad, I just hate those damn Americans"
    "Why Akmed? Because they are killing our Muslims brothers in the holy lands of the Middle East?"
    "No, Muhammad, because of power"
    "Er ... because of what?"
    "Power Akmed ... i hate those Americans because of ... umm .. power"
    "Er, the US military power?"
    "No just ... umm ... power .. in general".............

REPLY from LD
    "Yes, I see Dustin the Turkey is giving you your lessons in political theory."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My own take on this is that LD seemed to be giving as good as she got from WN. I was enjoing the thread. The bit I can't fathom is Hobbes's & Earthman's involvement in banning only one party in the discussion.

Smacks of favouritism to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

All right, no one is to stone ANYONE until I blow this whistle! Even... and let me make this absolutely clear... even if they do say "Jehovah"!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

[adjusts beard]

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Hobart wrote:
    Stop harassing me at every available opportunity. I'm never going to shag you Hobart.

grubber wrote:
    I read it. You (and others) accuse LD of being patronising. Yet abrasive and patronising responses are the hallmark of the poster she was mainly replying to in the thread. Here are some examples:

QUOTE from Wicknight
    "You apparently don't understand what public relations means ............."

REPLY From LD
    "Oh yes I do. You dont. Im guessing you want Saatchi and Saatchi or Max Clifford on the case. Would you like to prepare another dialogue for us, between the Taliban and Max Clifford perhaps?"

People who aren't able to use apostrophes aren't allowed be patronising. Case closed! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

gandalf wrote:
    All right, no one is to stone ANYONE until I blow this whistle! Even... and let me make this absolutely clear... even if they do say "Jehovah"!

python12_02.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Lollers, etc. BLAH BLAH. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement