Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB Ripwave ships with batteries?

• 30-12-2005 5:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Afternoon all,

I saw someone using a Navini Ripwave device in Sydney a few weeks ago with their laptop for consulting. His device was fairly heavy as it contained a handful of apparently rechargeable batteries, although not all devices apparently ship with these. In particular, I'll bet that IBB are saving a few euros by going without (most users wouldn't need them anyway) - is this an accurate assumption? That being the case, has anyone been able to get their hands on said batteries?

Sam

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

why bother getting batteries for something that wont work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I didn't think ripwave was portable between zones/cells, I thought Clearwire was unique in that sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Sparky-s wrote:

post of ther year !! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Sparky-s wrote:
    Christ havnt laughed that hard in a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

Sparky-s wrote:
    Brillinat man brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,876 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

no ripwave doesnt come with the batteries. IBB dont sell them. they are, however, possible to get. i just dunno where from! possibly Australia or Navini themselves. that beyond 2000 shop doesnt sell them either, as far as i know. best bet is Navini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

wow 3 quotes in a row, i must be doing something right :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Shamo

Sparky-s wrote:
    wow 3 quotes in a row, i must be doing something right :D

*hands sparky the gold for quotes in a row* Ah it was funny, although i don't have IBB but i can feel their pain...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Afternoon all,
    "although not all devices apparently ship with these. In particular, I'll bet that IBB are saving a few euros by going without "
    Sam

Is it not more likely he paid extra for the batteries, rather than IBB saving a few euros by not supplying them?

BTW that other quote was hilarious. not.

Advertisement