Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

xtravision/meteor

• 30-12-2005 5:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

Hello people,
    Does anyone know if xtravision do meteor upgrades or do they only sell phone with sim cards in the box as a package?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

go in and look and/or ask.
    my 2c: don't deal with xtravision fullstop! (Whatever deal they're offering isn't going to be worth the hassle of dealing with xtravision workers/management :mad: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Jam Man

Their website seems to suggest they only do first timers....

http://www.xtravision.ie/xvElectrical.asp?cid=3&nid=11&actn=elst

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Don't buy an upgrade in Xtra Vision. They are not a phone shop, and they have sold people full packs instead of upgrades and vice versa. Go to a Meteor Store, or else a 3G or Carphone Warehouse if you must.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

Bought an UPGRADE K700i in Xtravision specified upgrade a number of times
    with the the christmas rush never checked the box. Later found out it was a new sim in the box should have checked for a brand new number on the side of the box.

To cut a long story short rang Meteor cust care and the girl sorted it out in a few mins but told me to ring back in an hour to activate the credit.

When i rang back got the call center in waterford told straight off cant transfer credit from new phone to upgrage credit.

Gave my details and asked would they check and in an amazed voice told that the girl in the dublin call center had transfered the credit they didn't know how and they activated it straight away got €25 their and then.

Moral: Xtravision staff may know sweet FA about phones but if you get a good meteor call center person they can sort it out for you in a few mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

chrislad wrote:
    Don't buy an upgrade in Xtra Vision. They are not a phone shop, and they have sold people full packs instead of upgrades and vice versa. Go to a Meteor Store, or else a 3G or Carphone Warehouse if you must.

?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Trampas

You have to remember that Xtravision is mainly a renting film shop and not a phone shop.

Can you not upgrade online??

With vodafone they delivery the phone in a day or 2 and its cheaper than buying in there shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭tie_mi_shu

Trampas wrote:
    You have to remember that Xtravision is mainly a renting film shop and not a phone shop.

Can you not upgrade online??

With vodafone they delivery the phone in a day or 2 and its cheaper than buying in there shops.
    nah, that's what i hate about meteor, you can't buy online like o2 and voda..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭tie_mi_shu

Pythia wrote:
    ?
    what's wrong with chrislads' post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭mwrf

thanks for the replys

tie_mi_shu wrote:
    what's wrong with chrislads' post?

I'm as confused as you are. I assume it's because I said to use 3G or Carphone Warehouse as a last resort. Too many people have been told by Carphone Warehouse that they were entitled to 130 credit, when they were really only entitled to 70 or 100. A Meteor Store is the only way to accurately tell how much you're entitled to, and the only way to be assured of getting your credit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

chrislad wrote:
    I'm as confused as you are. I assume it's because I said to use 3G or Carphone Warehouse as a last resort. Too many people have been told by Carphone Warehouse that they were entitled to 130 credit, when they were really only entitled to 70 or 100. A Meteor Store is the only way to accurately tell how much you're entitled to, and the only way to be assured of getting your credit.

this is true. 3g and carphone warehouse have no access to the system that'll tell you how much credit your entitled to. i always either ring up, tell them to or tell them they'll get between 70 and 130. i never just lie to them

its not the only way to be assured of getting your credit though thats just silly. the customer gets whatever credit they're entitled to no matter where they buy the phone

I've had numerous people who bought upgrades in CPW and never got their credit, as even though they were entitled to an upgrade, they either weren't sold an upgrade pack or just given a new phone pack with the sim taken out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Xtra have the V3 for 189, and the k700i for 119 - both with free movies included.

Pretty good prices though, in fairness! Just don't ever expect a staff member to know much about phones. It may happens he does, but its not part of their training to be knowledgable about phones.....kinda like some of the people working in cpw then! :p

Advertisement