Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steering locked?

• 30-12-2005 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭

Hey
    we were doing the tuning for the engine today and we were having fun driving blah de blah:D when i noticed (nearish the beginning) that the steering locked! when we turn fully to the right the steering locked and we were stuck in circles:o but i managed to train myself to counter it but it didnt always workand there were a few head on curbs... then later on we started the engine and my bro switched of the cars servos:mad: and it set off and was getting fatser and faster and there was a turn on it so it went FAR and picking up speed till a crasg with a curb ended it run away :)/:( and it had hit it with its front weel (not sure which one) and did some damage, it loked in and wasnt coming out but my bro got it out and its workin but sometimes now it can be very sensitive and when we only turn right a bit it will lock or sometimes it wont lock at all
    so.. is there anything i can do? maybe put some wd40 somewhere? and the batterys shouldnt be gone yet should thy? i got it at christmas and only was really able to drive since yesturday?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Drove thru a puddle....
    If water gets into a servo (or just the plug) the servo will travel to one of it's extreme ends, eg steering servo jamming on full right or full left.

If that was the cause of what happened to you it will go away by itself when the moisture dries out.

Leave the car somewhere warm and dry for the night?

OTOH if the water gets into the receiver, that is not so good, because when it dries out occasionally the problem will remain.

We put our receiver into a balloon or freezer bag and tie the neck up round the wires leading into the balloon - not an absolute cure, but it helps a lot.

If you spray with WD40 it may eliminate the damp immediately, or spped up the drying process quite a lot.

But it wasn't a puddle that did it....
    If it isn't damp affecting the electronics, maybe you experienced radio interference.
    Check the betteries in the car are not dying, and do a range check before using it next day. With radio aerial at one step up, you should have full control (engine off) at 30 metres), if that is not the case. batteries are low (usually in the car) or someone is nearby with a radio on your channel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

ok thanks for that i will go threw your post :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭no leaf clover

my steering has also locked up of late and what happens is that it was turning too far causing the shaft to jam in its holder.....hence locking it, dont know exactly y yet but im working on it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

yeah i dried out and it does work for me now :)

Advertisement