Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Years in Kilkenny

Options
  • 30-12-2005 8:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

So what's everyone doin for New Years? Come to think of it, what is there to do in Kilkenny on New Years that doesn't involve paying a fortune to get into an overcrowded club/pub? I refuse to go to Langtons so I wouldn't mind any ideas of what else there is to do!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Two words: House Party
    just so much cheaper in the long run

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Agreed! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Yup....staying in!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Not gonna be in Kilkenny, but any year I have been, I've stayed well away from pubs and clubs. Bloody rip off merchants.

John

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Funny thing is, yet again they'll blame the drop in numbners going out on the smoking ban and not the overpriced drink and admission fee's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Jesper

House party.
    Would of gone to Matts if it was ticket e10 isn't to bad. But its not tickets so I'm not going to que for 8ok to go to a crowed pub for 6 hours.

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I think he's trying to say that Fatty Millers is too expensive for mere entry and that he shall proceed to welcome in the New Year at a gathering of friends at a soiree in a house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

I think pubs/clubs should seriously think about NOT charging an
    entry fee next new years eve. It's a disgrace that you go to these places
    all year round and this is how they repay your custom.:mad: .

But people still go and pay.... Supply and Demand. Once people stay going they'll rise the prices.

John

• Advertisement
Advertisement