Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

west ham fm05

Options
  • 30-12-2005 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

just started with them in fm05 and doin fairly bad. need some good defenders and possibly a good Att Midfielder and striker.
    i've got pretty much no money! any suggestions? even players i could get on loan for the season?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

have a look through top premiership teams reserves.. you usually find a good few players there who'll come on loan for the whole season..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Tomas Locatelli - 3 million from Bologna. Signed him for United, was 2nd in World Player of the Year awards and helped me win Premiership and Champions League.

Oh and look for 16 year olds. You can poach them fairly easy. Or download FM Scout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Okay.

Speaking of defenders, Guy Demel. Demels stats don't look all that great but he'll do a good defensive job for you and with the right training scheme, his stats will improve twofold. Thomas Frandsen's a fairly decent central defender, he's getting on a bit at the start of the game so he's a temporary solution. Ronald De Boer is on a free at the start of the 04/05 season and he's still got some of the old magic left so consider him.

Freddy Guarin for a midfielder, I can't recommend him enough, you'll pick him up for a million or so and he'll mature into a world class midfielder by the time he's 23.

Lebohang Mokoena and Benedict Vilakazi, you'll get the both of them for a combined total of about a million. Mokoena is a goal machine, after four years he normally values at around 25-35 million. Vilakazi is a good midfielder creatively, however his physical skills are somewhat lacking but he'll do a great job in the meantime for you and after a while his value will inflate to 8-14 milllion so you can then sell him on and benefit from the cash injection.

Daniel Fredheim Holm appears ****e stats wise, but play him regularly and train him well and after three years he'll be a great Dennis Bergkamp style supportive forward.

Here's a small list of a few other cheap and cheerful players (who in some cases go on to become superstars!)

GK
    Libis Andres
    Luke Steele

DF
    Vincent Kompany
    Anthony Vanden Borre
    Deschact

MF
    Freddy Grisales
    Walter Baseggio
    Freddy Adu (recommended BIG TIME)

FC
    Eddie Gaven
    Miroslav Matusovic (Ideal for a club like West Ham)

You finding it hard with West Ham, haha, try starting in the conference south division with my club of choice, Sutton UTD, straight promotion in 5 years, we're now hovering above the relegation zone in the Premiership, but still, I think getting a club like them this far is some achivement!.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

Using the editor are we???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

raheny red wrote:
    Using the editor are we???
    No, do you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

No!

Well, just for the one game! I made up a challenge....

In the editor I brought the best eL players to Weymouth in the Conference South. Had a great first season getting promoted and having a good cup run! Anyway, how did you manage that without using the editor!:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

My 14 year old brother just won the Premiership twice with Tamworth, and certainly didn't use the editor. Its quite easy if you are dedicated enough. I once did it with Exeter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 totalmuppet

I've got Hornchurch to the championship and it's only 2009. It's not that difficult if you can find good young players like david jones(man u) on free transfers. Also try Konrad Nowak, animal striker who scored 70+ goals in two seasons before Blackburn and Chelsea came in for him, only cost £14k aswell

Advertisement