Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP Dial-up?

• 30-12-2005 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Does anyone know if the PSP WLAN system works with a dial-up connection?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Does anyone know if the PSP WLAN system works with a dial-up connection?

i think in theory it will but will be for all intents and purposes be absolutely impossibly slow to be useful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

I don't think so, how would you connect it?. You could dial up on your computer, connect your PSP to the computer and see if it registers a net connection... I doubt it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Laguna wrote:
    I don't think so, how would you connect it?. You could dial up on your computer, connect your PSP to the computer and see if it registers a net connection... I doubt it though.

true..i was assuming a wireless connection in the first place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Kev The Catbag

Well i just updated to version 2.60 so i could get WMA playback but to enable it u must connect on the psp

Go to McDonalds, you'll get free WiFi, problem solved.

• Advertisement

huh?

Your PSP communicates wirelessly with WiFi. Your PSP can access the internet through WiFi hotspots. McDonalds restaurants have free broadband internet through WiFi. You have a PSP. You can go to McDonalds to access the internet on your PSP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Laguna wrote:
    Your PSP communicates wirelessly with WiFi. Your PSP can access the internet through WiFi hotspots. McDonalds restaurants have free broadband internet through WiFi. You have a PSP. You can go to McDonalds to access the internet on your PSP.

Get a Smarties Mc Flurry aswell, that'll make your PSP run better.

Really? How?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

I guess it could work but would be painfully slow.
    Maybe web browzing would be ok but not games.

Something like this:

wireless8bu.jpg

Just go get a McChicken burger instead. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Laguna wrote:

Downside is that you'll have to buy a burger, or lean against the window for a bit.

Im stupid, so dont take no notice of me but whats d whole wireless router thing? If i dont have 1 is there any other way of me doing it?

The_Edge wrote:

Something like this:

wireless8bu.jpg

Awww.. you drew that ickle little picture yourself didn't you... :o

Hell no.....just added the PSP.
    Just trying to give the guy an idea of what could be involved and why he shouldn't bother! :)

Im stupid, so dont take no notice of me but whats d whole wireless router thing? If i dont have 1 is there any other way of me doing it?

Im stupid, so dont take no notice of me but whats d whole wireless router thing?

You PSP uses Wifi (Wireless) to connect to a network.
    You have no other way to connect it as far as I'm aware. I don't own a PSP btw. The router will "route" ip traffic between the devices connected to it, both wired and wireless. Think of that wireless connection as a physical link/cable.
    If i dont have 1 is there any other way of me doing it?

Trust me, McChicken burgers are not bad.

K thanks man, how do u use mcdonalds services?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

the wireless in ucd works pretty well witht the psp, it's nice and fast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

The_Edge wrote:

Something like this:

wireless8bu.jpg

tried this already got my router from eircom BB wasnt connected long story short it dont work

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I have my PSP connecting to the net over dialup using a wireless router and a shared connection on my PC which I'm also using as the gateway in my PSPs connection settings.

• Advertisement
Advertisement