Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second eircon line

• 31-12-2005 12:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭

I was wondering what it costs to get a second line from eircom, how long do i have to keep it and does it cost anything to remove?

As i want to get smart broadband and keep my number, i know its an expensive way of doing it.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

full whack usually (c . €130)

costs 130 to remove as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

Cost

In-situ: €24.99 (inc VAT).* Pre-cabled: €49.99 (inc. VAT).** Standard: €121.93 (inc. VAT).***
    * In-situ connection: where all line work is completely in place and the line can be electronically enabled and there has been previous service at the address.
    ** Pre-cabled connection: where all line work is completely in place and the line can be electronically enabled and there has been no previous service at the address.
    *** Standard connection: where no line work is in place and there has been no previous service at the address.

Thats what it says on its site, now i have a line already and i think there is a second cable coming in. We never had a second line but i think there are two sets of wires in the cable (the house is about 25 years old).

If its going to cost me €260 plus line rental there isnt much point, i taught i could get away with the €24.99 one

€122 not €130 so.

the €24.99 one is where you have soft dialtone because the line is complete to the exchange , your pair is only complete to the road I'd say.

you can cancel (not remove) the line for around €25 usually .

Sponge Bob wrote:
    €122 not €130 so.

the €24.99 one is where you have soft dialtone because the line is complete to the exchange , your pair is only complete to the road I'd say.

you can cancel (not remove) the line for around €25 usually .

Crap thats not an option then, dam eircom why do they have to make things so complicated

once smart put their order into eircom you can then port the number to blueface before it goes dead .

• Advertisement

Sponge Bob wrote:
    once smart put their order into eircom you can then port the number to blueface before it goes dead .

Are you sure this works? Wouldnt eircom know that the line is being changed to smart and not let the number be ported to blueface?

have you checked on the smart forums , it should work if timed correctly ???

Sponge Bob wrote:
    have you checked on the smart forums , it should work if timed correctly ???

ya had a look there but cant see anything about it, ill ask some of the guys from smart when they get back from there hols

Advertisement