Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What car is this

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

colm_mcm wrote:
    its a 100

Bang on, I knew I recognised those lights from somewhere. I've had my eye on a 100 for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

the 80 and 100 are so gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

I don't think it's a 100, the wing mirrors are too rounded. I think it's an A8, look at the rear, from the bootlid to the C-pillar looks more like it's off an A8 than a 100

audi%20100.jpg

m5_121902_001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

I'm not even sure it's an Audi the more I stare at it. The seam running along just above the door handles seems a lot sharper and not as rounded as the A6/100 or A8.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

murphaph wrote:
    I'm not even sure it's an Audi the more I stare at it. The seam running along just above the door handles seems a lot sharper and not as rounded as the A6/100 or A8.
    IT is definitely an Audi...I just can't decide whether it's an A8 or A6.....pretty sure it's an A8 though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭astec123

A8

Audi-A8-078.jpg

Good detailed one there, note the trims are different, side plastics are missing on the back in the above one but the original car has rear plastics.

http://www.dieselstation.com/wallpapers/Audi-A8/Audi-A8-037.jpg

Those saying that the image of the totaled one has different mirrors if you look closely it appears to have no cover on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

i suppose the one thing we're certain of that it's not a BMW

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

astec123 wrote:
    Actually the A6 has a rise in its window profile from front to back the 100 didnt. The back end was more rounded and as for the lights, well even smashed ones can be identified.

A lowly reference image of an A6 this time.
    http://www.pictures-of-cars.com/Specifications/..%5Cimages%5CAudi-A6.jpg

A

Actually the above photo is of the MkII Audi A6 which was launched in 1998.

The MkI Audi A6 was just a facelifted version of the last Audi 100 and was launched in 1994.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ian25

I'd agree with astec123. The light in the picture exagerates the shoulder line similar to the picture below.Also the wing mirror in the picture below is a closer match to the crashed cars offside mirror methinks.

03.jpg

Advertisement