Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

X-Factor Bet Question

• 31-12-2005 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Okay, here's the thing:

I've been asked to referee a bet between my brother and his friend. The friend claims that notable child prodigy/transsexual James/Lauren Harries:

lauren-attack.jpg

... appeared on the recent series of the X-Factor and, specifically, was in some line-up of failed auditionees singing 'My Way' on the final show. My brother suggests that this is not the case.

I didn't watch it myself.

I have done some Googling both of the programme and of Harries, and I cannot find anything to support this claim (obviously I can't find anything to show she wasn't on, but proving a negative and all ...).

Which is why I've arrived here. Can anyone confirm whether Harries was on this show, or, if they both know Harries and watched the programme, cofirm that she definitely wasn't on it?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

There was some other transexual on the show, but it was not Lauren whateverhernameis

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Doctor Benway

Thanks. Hopefully that should keep them happy.

I was discussing it with someone today, who informed me that that really, really old woman was included in the line-up of auditionees in the final programme. Thinking about it, she looks a bit like Lauren Harries. Maybe that's who he's getting it mixed up with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

There was some farmer who was told by Cowell he would be better if he sang in drag as a transvestite, so he came back the next day dressed as a woman. He made it in to the failures line up on the final show, maybe this is the guy your brother was thinking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Keith Allen did an excellent documentary on Channel 4 last year called Little Lady Fauntleroy details here

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Superdub2

yes i saw the show and heshe wasnt on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Doctor Benway

Thankee much, thekids.

Hopefully that should keep the warring tribes happy (well, one of them anyway).

As an aside, I didn't think much of that Keith Allen documentary. It was very disappointing. The subject matter was fascinating (not just TrannyLauren, but the entire family - they're serious loopers, much more than even the Fulfords). However, Keith Allen seemed a lot more interested in making a documentary about Keith Allen, than in making one about them.

Advertisement