Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dan 'The Beast' Severn is coming to Ireland

• 31-12-2005 1:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Dan 'The Beast' Severn is coming to Ireland!! One of the worlds most technically sound grapplers, The Beast has not left any stone unturned throughout his career. Easily one of the most credible,gifted and legitimate athletes on the professional wrestling circuit, this guy will attract pro, amateur and mma fans alike. Looks like 2006 is gonna kick off well for wrestling fans in Ireland. Happy New Year.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

flair4gold wrote:
    Dan 'The Beast' Severn is coming to Ireland!! One of the worlds most technically sound grapplers, The Beast has not left any stone unturned throughout his career. Easily one of the most credible,gifted and legitimate athletes on the professional wrestling circuit, this guy will attract pro, amateur and mma fans alike. Looks like 2006 is gonna kick off well for wrestling fans in Ireland. Happy New Year.

Um, is he actually visiting one of the Irish wrestling organisations then? Or is he just coming for a visit to Ireland, like on a holiday?

If it's a holiday I recommend that he give Waterford a visit. Lovely place...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭flair4gold

see nwa section.

this thread allows people to discuss Severn without mention of nwa.

nwa section can discuss Severn's tour with nwa this February.

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Lump Basher

This topic is in clear voilation of the new rules - keep all NWA discussion to the NWA topic. You're clearly trying to worm your way around it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Is Dan giving an MMA seminar or a pro wrestling seminar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Severn's pretty washed up by all acounts. That said, his "shoot" style is perfect for NWA Ireland and I look forward to potential Severn vs. Carl O'Rourke/Adam Abz/Paul Tracey matches.

• Advertisement

Washed up? Maybe, the guy is 51 - but he'd still school everyone in Ireland :) Dan's got a legit and accomplished amatuer wrestling background. Unlike 90% of pro-wrestlers. He's still got solid technique. I've seen some of his recent fights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Matches. Not fights.

In MMA it's fights. In wrestling it's matches.

Unless you were watching him in MMA, which i don't believe he's done for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

He had a few matches, sorry, fights over the summer, won them all except for his last one as far as I know

Cool.

It's a shame he had the match throwing incidents in his past. Whatever way people want to look at , he is one of the founding fathers of MMA as it is presented to the world today.

Dragan wrote:
    Matches. Not fights.

In MMA it's fights. In wrestling it's matches.

Unless you were watching him in MMA, which i don't believe he's done for a while.

Dan fought 3 or 4 months ago and had fought 17 times in the past 2 years.. So no, you're completely wrong. If you're going to take a jab, at least be accurate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Nightmareofgold

It would be cool to see Dan in a MMA match against one of the NWa guys aswell as pro wrestling

dlofnep wrote:
    Dan fought 3 or 4 months ago and had fought 17 times in the past 2 years.. So no, you're completely wrong. If you're going to take a jab, at least be accurate.

I'm not taking a jab, i'm pointing out the difference between MMA, which is a sport and has fights, and wrestling, which is entertainment and has matches.

Also, as your so eager to quote people then you will have seen me say "which i don't believe". This implies that it is only my belief that he has not fought, that i cannot be 100% accurate and would be loath to commit my opinion as fact.

You need to relax friend.

Dragan wrote:
    I'm not taking a jab, i'm pointing out the difference between MMA, which is a sport and has fights, and wrestling, which is entertainment and has matches.

I'm very aware of the difference between the two =)

I'm sure you are, if you practice Gracie BJJ!!!!!!!

I'm assuming you do it with the Gi?

We do gi work on occasion, but it's mostly no-gi. We're MMA orientated.. Although the gi has it's uses too.

Yeah, i tried rolling in a gi a few times, i just found it very uncomfortable and unsuited to my style at the time, which was to try and not let the other guy mount and beat the holy hell outta me!!!!

Ah the good old days.

Who did you train with?

Ah it was pretty unofficial, just me and some friends used to do it in UL, nothing major. One of the guys, he was a friend of a friend, he was big into it. I think he used to train with PJ Hennesy (sp???) in Limerick. Not too sure though. I did a little bit of kick boxing with a guy called Simon Moynihan, now he was one of the soundest guys in the world!

Are you still in Limerick? If so, hit up Tim Murphy at UL kick boxing. He does submission grappling there I think. Sound chap.

Nah, i'm based in Dublin now, have been for a while. It's been a long time since i did anything in the arts either, though i plan on making a return, most likely in the form of some MMA, by March.

Here's hoping!!!

• Advertisement

Check out SBG in dublin so. Top BJJ guy in Ireland lives there. SBGIreland.com

Nice one man, i take it takes John Kavanagh we're talking about?

Thanks a million, and sorry to everyone else for draggin the thread off topic!

Yup, that's the man himself. Good instructor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭flair4gold

Dragan wrote:
    Nice one man, i take it takes John Kavanagh we're talking about?

Thanks a million, and sorry to everyone else for draggin the thread off topic!

Its not off- topic, its good to see genuine interest in MMA in Ireland. At least you hevn't dragged the thread through the muck like other 'similar' threads. Will you be looking to catch Severn in action or attend any seminars he might put on in Ireland? Its a rare opportunity and if your genuinely interested i suggest you dont miss it!

Meet the Beast? Hell yeah.

As i said, i haven't been following his career of late, but once again, the mans contribution to two sports i love cannot be denied!

Advertisement