Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

360 and Windows Media Center?!

• 31-12-2005 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

OK so at the moment i'm running XP professional.

Ive just got my premium at christmas and i want to take full advantage of its resources as i can. Both my xbox and my computer are in the same room. what do i need to be able to put movies, pics etc onto my 360? what other things can i do with my pc and my xbox? i hear it can't play divx files is that right? Do i need media center version of XP or can i do it with XP professional? does the media center cost much?

That's alot of questions i know, if you can answer any of them i would be thankful

Bubba

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭The1337_Stephen

I have the same question, can anyone help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

myfriend put in a few cd's into his todat and there was an option of 'ripping' them to the hardrive.He put a movie in (familyguy) and it did'nt come up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

You need Media Centre edition to play movies, and you can't copy them to your xbox, it will stream them from your computer's hard drive over the network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

as stevieC said it plays content streamed from a computer with windows Media Centre edition installed.

Divx and other "decent" codecs can be converted using 3rd party software to be played on Extenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Is all of the media centre functionality available without the 360 remote control, i.e. using the controller. Also is the windows media centre remote control (for pc) compatible with the 360.
    I got my media centre + remote a few weeks back, I'll be getting the 360 (core system) in a few days. I don't want to buy the 360 remote if I don't have to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

so unless you have Media Centre on your pc you cant do anything with the xbox ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭wayne040576

weedhead wrote:
    so unless you have Media Centre on your pc you cant do anything with the xbox ??

You can download media connect. It will allow you to play the audio files that are on your pc but for video you need to have a media centre pc. The xbox acts as a media centre extender.

Advertisement