Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone got property in eastern europe?

Options
  • 31-12-2005 2:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

have a few friends from latvia
    was thinkin of purchasing 2 properties over there
    wood just like to hear from anyone who has bought propert over in eastern euope b e it latvia or otherwise
    thanks pppl and happy new year

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Hi
    I bought a place in Turkey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭eurotrotter

Carpenter wrote:
    Hi
    hey
    did u buy it thru an agent here or sdid u go direct?
    hoe much cheaper was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Have you checked out the tax impacts? What makes you think that you're getting better value in Latvia than at home?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

Your best bet is to go over and check it out first hand. If you don't end up buying at least you get a holiday. Do your maths and investigate a good solicitor as, in my opinion, he/she is the most important person in the foreign property buying process.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭eurotrotter

Carpenter wrote:
    Hi
    and how did u get around the taxes?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭PDelux

Is it good to invest in property in a country with increasing emigration such as Latvia?
    One of the main reasons for the demand for property in Ireland is the high immigration.

http://www.capitaldevelopments.net/ have a look here i got it off the plans very first 1 to buy what u think ????????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

I have a property in Croatia, however a freind recently bought a 191 sq m villa in Kusadasi for €109,000

I don't know how that compares to your linked site.

I guess it,s location,location,location i am 5 min,s from the centrum walking

Advertisement