Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lastmile

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 196 ✭✭Stan 10

I see Last Mile are now covering the Ballinamore area in Co Leitrim, I would like to know if there is anyone connected yet in the Ballinamore area and how is it working .

Stan

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Patrickof

Aye keep chasing them by phone, they have yet to answer any email I've sent them. Granted I'm not yet a customer but am awaiting the Ballybrittas base to go live.

• Lastmile... here we go!! Excellent service for the first month 40 - 50 ping in games constant downlaod rates of 60kbs constant..now its gone completly downhill. Anytime during the day online games unplayable, serious packet loss and lag. Download rates as low as 20kbs which is bs. The only time i gud get a gud ping of 50 was at 4:00am in the morning ffs. Emailed lastmile and emailed me back 4 weeks later telling me its Peak times...Peak times!! Ha with broadband i don't think so..and also the fact that there peak times start at 7:00am to 4:00am ha nearly 24 hours ffs. My modem connection was more stable playing games. They need there lines upgraded theres too many users and not enough bandwidth its rediculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Marc_AJay

how is the service with them at the moment? was thinking of signing up after christmas for 512 service....still only company in my area. :rolleyes:

also would love to use it for skype. thats one of my goals of getting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I'd definitely recommend them if you cannot get DSL, and their prices are reasonable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Marc_AJay

ah cool well its good to know there are satisfied customers out there.....just hope like crazy that I can use my beloved skype *L*

Wow that service is great! used it in NUIG (using a bad connection and a poor quality microphone but it was bearable.....would love to keep in contact properly with all my friends in the USA and Oz).

thanks for your reply by they way. much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

I can't say I would recommend them, Well not until they sort out their horrific routing and backhaul contention in packet exchange.

Advertisement