Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

argos furniture ? any good ?

Options
  • 31-12-2005 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

Has anyone any experience with any of the sofa's bed's or any other furniture from argos- prices in the catalogue seem ok just wondering what the quality is like ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

I'd be dubious myself. This time last year a work colleague bought a leather sofa The end fell off (within a couple of weeks) and when he contacted them, they wanted to repair it and not replace it.

Having been shopping over the last couple of weeks for furniture, their stuff looks nice in the catalogue but you need to actually see furniture in order to make an informed buying decision. Funds were tight on my part and having been to about ten other furniture places, the Argos sofas/suites were well cheap by comparison - but cheap to the detriment of the quality of the stuff??

Buyer beware - you get what you pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭selephonic

I don't know, I bought a bed from them last year and it's as solid as can be. It was flat pack so I suppose I must have just done a fantastic job assembling it, but for the price it was great value

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I think it depends on where they've sourced whatever it is. I've got two glass display cabinets from them and they were perfect (made in Germany), wife got some furniture for her office and it was OK, but a bit raggy at the edges (made in the UK).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Seems to vary a lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

I got a set of cane furniture from them 5 years ago for a sunroom. It's been absolutely fine. Also got a (very) small sofabed because i was looking for a very very small sofa to put in a studio control room. Had no problems with it.
    What I liked about Argos delivery is that they turned up when they said they would.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭kilasser

I got a bed from them bout 6 months a go. No problems with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

sundula wrote:
    Has anyone any experience with any of the sofa's bed's or any other furniture from argos- prices in the catalogue seem ok just wondering what the quality is like ?
    I bought one last year...its at the cheaper end of the range...but it gets used very occasionally and slept on 2-3 times a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

shabbyroad wrote:
    I...
    What I liked about Argos delivery is that they turned up when they said they would.

Same here never had a problem with them.

Advertisement