Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power Rankings? Could someone please explain the point in having them?

• 31-12-2005 9:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe I'm missing something, maybe it's just all above me but I really, truly cannot see any remote notion of worth to these power rankings that are popping up all over the gaf. Call me old fashioned, but I like to let the league tables determine who the best teams in the NFL are, and maybe the odd Superbowl rock, but that is open to debate. But at any rate, what possible use are people's opinions of who the best teams in the league are? I am actually keen for someone to answer that for me. I've an idea its purely marketing factors at play. Or just some other stunt to get people involved so that they think they are contirbuting towards something more than just the annual profit for bottled beer. Whatever it is, it just seems so utterly uttlery pointless. Unless I've got it wrong and it isn't a huge fad of people just listing what they believe to be the order of teams from best to worst, it just seems to do nothing but rape the objectivity of the sport.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 HuskerZ

I think it is used in the NFL just because power ratings are so popular in College Football. It's really unessasary but people like looking at them and it's another conversation piece.

Advertisement