Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Navy Divers

• 31-12-2005 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi everybody
    After hearing of the unfortunate news of the missing diver in wexford, and reading the thread here, there seems to be a lot of speculation (or mystery!!) surrounding the experience/training of the navy divers.
    Does anyone know anything about the training, equipment or experience these guys have?!!!
    Irelands best kept secret!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Paddy Diver

Well there training is pretty intense, living close to the naval base I get to see them training when I out in the boat and they are always training and some of the stuff they do is kinda insane. I was told that the exams these guys do are almost impossible and you'd need to be a genius to pass.
    They tend to be based on the ships and dive all around the coast while on patrol, they are bomb disposal (underwater) and the unfortunate job of search & recovery, they might do other stuff, actually most definately do other stuff but I dont know what that might be, so know doubt these guys are **** hot. As for there equipment there using OC scuba on air as far as I know, no trimix, surface demand or sat equipment. (correct me if Im wrong tho)
    Now I know the ARW have a diving unit, what type of diving they do is still unknown to me but I know they used DiveX military stealth rebreathers (probally the most expensive rebreathers you can buy).

Thats as about as much as I know about em but that these guys are no fools.

Advertisement