Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartments for rent

Options
  • 31-12-2005 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Anyone have any suggestions for decent apartments for rent around Waterford?

- As central as possible
    - No Students
    - NTL, Decent heating etc
    - 1 or two bed apartments

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

I think there's a series of apartments for rent above O' Grady's Yard (PUB), just down the road from Ruby's - no idea of rent prices etc, but they look nice from the outside and I would severely doubt there would be any students living there, also you cant get much more central than that !!

Keep an eye in the news and star and the munster, theyre always full of apartments/houses etc for rent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

keizer house -it's beside city square. 3 bed though, including one double room. best apartments i've seen in waterford all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MmmOK

=c - 13]I think there's a series of apartments for rent above O' Grady's Yard (PUB),

Yeah saw them, they look good
    Must look into it and see what the price per month is

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

MmmOK wrote:
    Anyone have any suggestions for decent apartments for rent around Waterford?

- As central as possible
    - No Students
    - NTL, Decent heating etc
    - 1 or two bed apartments

Any suggestions?

Try Castle Estates on the quay (letting agents). They are very good. Tell them exactly what you are looking for and they wont put you wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MmmOK

Leonard wrote:
    Try Castle Estates on the quay (letting agents). They are very good. Tell them exactly what you are looking for and they wont put you wrong.

I would only for their a bunch of con-men, I've had dealings with them in the past and so have my friends both in Waterford & in Limerick.
    Very dodgy crowd!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Leonard wrote:

i went looking for a two bed apartment with Castle back in July and they looked at me sideways! I didn't think they were the one bit professional, the next day i moved into a spanky wanky penthouse-esque apartment curtoisy of the lettings of Hutchinsons. Lovely Jobely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Jessica

hi all,

i have just started looking around for a one bed apt and i am a the person that does all the hard work on the internet and then goes to look at places.

but i am a finding it very hard to get inside pics of apts before i consider it to view.

anyhoo on the apts rent theme - any one got an opinions on the apts down o connell st or thomas hill. james gate and penrose court.

what kind of residents are there ? students or professional.

Any ideas what the inside are like in some of these apt ? modern ? a dump ?

any info would be great!

Delighted you managed to find a place - may try hutchinsons myself and see what they have on offer !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Jessica wrote:
    anyhoo on the apts rent theme - any one got an opinions on the apts down o connell st or thomas hill. james gate and penrose court.

what kind of residents are there ? students or professional.

we viewed a few apartments down there. I forget the names of each of the apartment blocks because tbh there are so many down there. We said no to that area in general because there is so much construction work going on down there. It's really dusty and dirty as well as noisey of course. The traffic congestion down there was another issue. Plus there are not that many shops nearby and the area is a bit rough in my opinion. I don't think there are many professionals living down that area, mostly students and foreigners from what i can recall anyway. It was Castle who showed us about 4 apartments down there.

One of the apartments was quite nice. It had two massive bedrooms. I mean these rooms were GIGANTIC! You'd easily fit four cars into the rooms! But the kitchen/living room was the size of a shoe box! It didn't make much sense to either of us. I can't remember the name of that apartment but it has underground parking and the apartment was a yellow/peach colour interior.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Jessica

thanks rollo - had a feeling it may be like that down there just wasn't really too sure how to phrase it in these lovely politically correct times we have.

a friend of mine was telling me that the apts in manor court are quite nice, small but nice - and a reasonable price too.

so i may take a look there and see whats on offer. Isn't it awful that I can afford to pay a mortage on my own every month but the stupid bank won't give me one ! ohh they make me mad. but thats a whole other days arguement.

heard a few bad things about castle estates - and book a room and all other estate agencies really that deal with renting. So maybe i might be better to go direct to a land lord so far i have never had any problems dealing with previous land lords !

thanks for your help.

Advertisement