Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is my Ipod broken?

• 31-12-2005 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭

Got a 30gig Video IPod for Christmas from my brother.

Synchronised it fine with Itunes and it worked well until thursday. i noticed one or two songs were not playing properly. One in particular caused it to freeze and needed to be reset.

i took those songs off and put them back on and they played fine. Then last night while i was listening to it i noticed a couple of other tracks not playing through. Decided i would take everything off it and suynchronise it again form scratch. when i did it tried to synchronise about half the files on itunes and then gave me the error message

"Cannot write to Ipod as the file cannot be found"

then when i tried again it reads

The ipod "IPOD" cannot be updated. The disk cannot be read from or written to."

Tried to restore factory settings by using ipod updater but the problem is the same. Could the drive inside be faulty. Should i just go back to the shop? Does anyone know if they will replace or does it need to be sent away.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

If it's within a month, kick up as AFAIK you're issue is with the retailer for supplying goods not fit for resale/purpose.

Have you tried a different cable?
    USB 1/.1/2.0? Firewire?
    What OS are you using?
    Where did the songs come from originally? Have you tried ripping some songs through iTunes and then transferring? (To rule out odd/corrupt encoding)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

My friends ipod video did this the other day.. Bring it back to the shop, they'll replace it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭setanta5

Yea thanks

Brought it back and they replaced...event though i'd lost the receipt, they had all my details and the serial number in their System. Had to take a white one though cause they were out of black one. It was currys by the way. DOn't think i was the first to bring it back and there was a guy returning one as i left. Screen on my one had a dead pixel which i wasn't too bothered about but the new one is perfect.

Advertisement