Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mystery DVD player!

• 31-12-2005 1:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi,

I was travelling a while back and passing through India I bought a portable DVD player, the Panasonic NM-369DV. It does the lot - avi, mpg, DVD, mp3, divx, xvid etc. Even has karaoke inputs. The only thing it doesn't do it make a cup of tea :-)

My problem is that this device seems to be a complete mystery in that nobody has heard of it. Google shows no matches no matter how I structure the search. It may not be Panasonic at all, but thats what the print says and as I mentioned the model is printed as "Panasonic NM-369DV" on the underside. All the packaging looked legit too. I have had no probs with it so far, just a couple of questions I needed answered but there doesn't seem to be too many people out there with these.

Any ideas where I could track down some info? (already tried panasonic site and its not listed!)

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Can you post a picture of it and the label. Panasonic make several portable DVD players but their model no. starts with LA or LS.

Sounds like a spurious model much like the <DV>JVC camcorders sold on the Canaries. I know several people taken in by them only to be dissappointed when the unit failed or when they discovered that they were NTSC only.

ZEN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

panasonic have never used the letters "nm" at the start of any product afaik... i think it is a case of one of the fakes like the jvc cameras....

moe

Advertisement