Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question for girls about stretch marks......

• 31-12-2005 2:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

OK< basically im just wondering what girls think about stretch marks on lads?? Im asking because i used to be really skinny, but i started weight lifing about 2.5 years ago and went from (just under 6 foot tall) 140 pounds to 195 pounds in the 2.5 years (gained 55 pounds). Unfortunately im very prone to stretch marks (my mam was when she was pregnant so i presume iv inherited it off her :(), and Iv gotten alot around my arm pit area (chest, biceps and lats <back muscle> and also some on shoulders). Alot of people who do weight trianing get them around there too, but not nearly as bad as mine. Im well built and lean and have an easily visible 6 pack and so on... but i always feel like it doenst really matter because iv got so many stretch marks that they completely take away from whatever my body looks like and so i never feel confident about myself.

Sooooooooooooooooo, id just be interested in hearing what girls opinions of lads with stretch marks is.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

personally i couldn't give a damn. if i like you for you and your personality, discovering you have stretch marks isn't going to bother me (most women have them too so there isn't much they can say!)
    in fact it'd probably intrigue me and i'd end up running my finger over the lines around your skin. but then i'm weird like that. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

doing that with strech marks and scars is not that werid.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

yeah they're common to most people. i'm the same. bulked up big time once puberty hit, so push ups and stuff become a daily ritual.

i also noticed watching the DOOM movie that the rock has 'em too. pointless fact, but given you're worry, that might ease your mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I have them, and they've never been a problem. I picked them up as a young teenager when I went from being a school student who rarely lifted things to doing very heavy work for the summer months. They are easy things to pick up mate. They are common amoung most people who had a sudden change in what they are lifting regularily, be it through weight training or working. I wouldn't worry about it tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭SexeeAussie

Jeb, I wouldn't worry mate! Stretchmarks are unavoidable if you are predisposed to them...If you are a nice bloke etc and I liked you for the person that you are then stretchmarks wouldn't make a smidge of difference. I got them when I was pregnant I had put on about 20kgs. So I think of mine as my 'battle scars'.....you don't have to like them, just accept that you have them and be happy within your heart. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

my ex had stretch marks which made him look like he'd been severly whipped.. several times over. Can't say they bothered me, the lads used to make fun of him during summer when he'd go really red with white stripes but apart from that I didn't pay any attention to it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

would nt bother me in the slightest... have some myself, and i actually dont even mind them at all.

I wouldnt be worrying in the slightest if i were you. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hey, sorry for the late reply, Iv been busy.

Thanks for the replies and it does give some reassurance hearing peoples opinions. Thanks all!

Advertisement