Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your 3 Fav Limerick Pubs And Why?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭gaf1983

I suppose it's just a café, but it calls itself a wine bar because it's allowed sell wine. Try the Wine Buff near the People's Park, on Mallow St I think, or maybe that's just a shop, I'm not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

I like Costelloes - nice relaxed atmosphere and good music aswell. Granted I haven't been there in a while.

Nancy Blakes is pretty good aswell.

Then Molly's

Other than that I'm pretty easy going. Haven't been to any real dives yet but then again there's a first time for everything.

Cheers
    Rory

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭pleuraXeraphim

Has to be Nancys for the music and generally the great crowd.
    Curragower for the Guinnnes, views and real pub atmosphere
    Dolans for the Trad and craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Micky Martin's.

O'Dywer's - Wolfe tone st.

Dolans.

I should mention the Curragower as well, haven't been there in yonks though.

R.I.P High stool.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Skottoman

Hi, I'm american, and I just spent part of December in Limerick for the first time. I loved it! The people of Limerick are awesome!!! My Fav 3 pubs were...

#1) O'Riadas because the owner (Tom) and barmaid (Sophia) were so nice to me, and were my friends for the week I was there. I hope to see them again! Say 'Hi' for me if you're in there! They will know who I am... I hope. :D

#2) Nancy's because I liked the outdoor patio and when I went there during the day it wasn't that crowded.

#3) The pub across the street from Condells office center on Roches street. Because I had a lot of fun with Michelle! (works there on weekend). If you see her ask about my story with the drunk guy speaking gaelic.

Cheers,
    Scott in Santa Cruz, Ca.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭direbadger

Bullets, Quinns was a gay bar back in the day as well. Before it would have been cool to openly call a bar a gay bar like. But other alternative folks as you call em, drank in there too. When my parents were teenagers they were hippy/bikers and they drank there and they tell me there was a big gay clientelle back then.

My fave pubs in Limerick are Portley's (though it's not as good a Frawley's (RIP) it's nearly as close to me). I'm also going to jump on the Tom Collin's bandwagon too. Love that place.

Ohh, speaking of Cecil Street and gay bars, Bubblicious has a very fancy, foreign beers menu now. They're quite expensive but worth it if you fancy an unusual beer. Only thing is some of them have very high percentages which caused me to hit my forehead off the bar the last time I was in there (sorry Paul the bar man!)

I don't understand the grá for Mickey's that going on around here. I always find that place way too loud. Plus the don't have Beamish and their Smithwicks is often dodgy. Shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭sioda

I think the main reason Mickeys is so popular is that there is no sh!t in there everyone is taken at face value and the arthurs is generally good and with the new fire its cosy in there not forgeting the golf machine

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

Nancy's: Great crowd atmosphere..good drink (front bar) plus the outback where smokers and non-smokers can mix..
    KOB's- Great drink..haven't been there in a while
    Pier one- Very short walk when I'm feeling lazy plus I can get a nice steak there...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭trap4

Great to see your comments pouring in. I'm currently building a Google Map of Limerick[1] using the brilliant MapBuilder[2] service. I've got about a dozen pub and hotels done so far. I'm not familiar with some of the ones mentioned here though so if you can name the streets they're on please, I'll add them too.

[1] http://eirepreneur.blogs.com/eirepreneur/maptest2.htm
    [2] http://www.mapbuilder.net/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

My fave's would have to be

McDaids (opposite St. Michael's Church or Left out of the main Entrance of Arthurs Quay) - though it does get really crowded after a while, It's good for a quiet drink durin the week, but if ya don't like loud music, they crank up the music round 9.30 at the weekends

Mollys - Normally end up in the smoking area even though very few of my friends smoke, always buzzin, except last Friday, cos evry1 woz still at UCC rag week, or recoving their wallets after it. Middle floor is good 4 a dance, top floor is great relaxed area (when its open). But ya can never go straight to the bar after 9.30 on a saturday

Cornmarket - I'm only just 19, so the crowd's a bit old by my usual standard, but in fairness, there is a good mix of ages in there, under 25s can be a bit marginalised though (not in terms of fairness - just feelin outta place after a while)

Why oh why did they turn PJs into a Knock Shrine Shop. It's a massive loss, loved it in there, good fun, great crowd and never too packed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement