Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i was banned from afterhours for defending my mother

Options
  • 31-12-2005 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054867978&page=5

i dont know about you but i think this is fúckin disgracefull what did i do?

why isnt ThiiinkPink! banned for saying that my mother was full of shít i mean she said she was talking in generalities but she was replying to my post and it was directed at me so ofcourse she was talking about my mother,

i think its whitewashman who has the problem
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Ya thats weird but I am sure WWM will clear it up with you if you pm him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

She didn't personally attack your mother, imho, she made a general comment. You did personally attack her though.
    Take the ban, and chill out already.

Its prolly down to you calling ThiinkPink an ignorant cow which is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

You should have just reported her post as opposed to responding.

It's most likely what she did to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i think its whitewashman who has the problem
    yes.

yes i have. its my problem, and im learning to deal with it....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

dont give me that bull**** excuse that ThiiinkPink! gave me (which was used to cover her arse) the reply was clearly directed at me..... and that was an ignorant cowish thing to do, as i had never directed any insults towards her. whitewashman just doesnt like me he never has

lets say we reversed the comment

"anyone who said it was painfull is either hyped up on drugs or is full of shíte"

lets say that was in reply to one of ThiiinkPink!'s posts, what would it look like to you? you do the math

Point being is on boards no matter how much someone may p!ss you off, you actually cant call them a name/insult.

WDK wrote:
    Point being is on boards no matter how much someone may p!ss you off, you actually cant call them a name/insult.
    so your saying that someone can insult me or my family and get away with it?:rolleyes: come on now! wheres the justice in that

whitewashman just doesnt like me he never has

oh, you think far too highly of yourself.

can you please quote exactly where your poor mother is so maligned, and i will endevour to right any wrongs....

Well thats the point , there is a report post button which is put place for this situation. If you would have reported ThiinkPinks post before you reacted to it then the situation would be reversed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Only a complete paranoid would see that comment being aimed at themselves and their families directly.

Next time use this button report.gif to report the post and bite your tongue/keep your fingers off the keyboard.

A totally deserved ban.

WDK wrote:
    Well thats the point , there is a report post button which is put place for this situation. If you would have reported ThiinkPinks post before you reacted to it then the situation would be reversed.

not really, i would have read it, looked at it, and seen that a woman who has gone through a couple of childbirths saying that anyone who says that childbirth is not painful is either on drugs or full of it.

looks like an experienced opinion to me. and i see no direct insult on the posters mother either. i see a quote and a response to the quote.

as opposed to a bloke who is just being insulting and is throwing around opinions as facts and has no direct experience of being in labour.

i think the cat has smoked too much pot, and is paranoid....

Hehe :).

oh, you think far too highly of yourself.

can you please quote exactly where your poor mother is so maligned, and i will endevour to right any wrongs....
    it was a direct reply to my post. she made a 1 line comment about the part of my post she quoted, and then a whole paragraph about women who said it was painless are full of shít. a group of women i admitted my mother was a part of.

but ha ha! because there was no direct reply, ThiiinkPink! can get away with it, how american of you. but anyone with half a brain could see that what she was saying, but it doesnt matter does it? it was only my mother, theres no middle ground, no grey area just black and white. and you can rub it in with comments like "poor mother", again no facial expression, nothing saying "this is an insinuation" or "im just gonna take the piss and theres nothing you can do" but its still rubbing it in because there is nothing i can do about it, well you go ahead i dont care, i can see that justice doesnt reign supreme on boards anymore.
    oh ha ha! a paranoid stoner as if i hadnt heard that one before how drole!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Wow. Angry much? Do you see what the problem might be here?

Next time count to 10 before you post.

koneko wrote:
    Wow. Angry much? Do you see what the problem might be here?

Next time count to 10 before you post.
    what did i do now?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I think he is refering to..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=50610292&postcount=59
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=50610555&postcount=60

Which would imply she was calling his mother full of ****e.

Although there was another comment directed at her? hard to tell. I got bored then.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I don't get the American connotation.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

so your saying that someone can insult me or my family and get away with it?:rolleyes: come on now! wheres the justice in that
    As was said, proper way to go about it is to report the post, not to lash back. Thats the way its done here.

Someone breaks your windows? You report them to the police, not go around and break their windows.

Hobbes wrote:
    I think he is refering to..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=50610292&postcount=59
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=50610555&postcount=60

Which would imply she was calling his mother full of ****e.

Although there was another comment directed at her? hard to tell. I got bored then.

really?

i see someone picking a comment by another user, and then giving their opinion.
    just because a quote is used, does not mean that you are giving a direct response back to a user. it means you are posting something based on something that was in the quote.

lets take an example shall we, just for the PC challenged....
    man, you know, i used to know someone who was a real idiot, and he used to drive a red car

followed by someone who says

'i know lots of people who drive different coloured cars that are idiots'

followed by some person, lets call them dogsdoingdrugs, a name i have simply plucked from my arse, giving an answer like.....
    'i know lots of people who drive different coloured cars that are idiots'
    Hey, i own a car. you called me an idiot!

wah wah wah wah wah.

Hobbes wrote:

dont you have some travelling people to go and protect?

• Advertisement

it was a direct reply to my post. she made a 1 line comment about the part of my post she quoted, and then a whole paragraph about women who said it was painless are full of shít. a group of women i admitted my mother was a part of.!

its a big conspiracy. check the conspiracy theory forum. they are all in there having a laugh at your expense.
    but ha ha! because there was no direct reply, ThiiinkPink! can get away with it, !

pretty much. yes.
    attack the post, not the poster.

although, perhaps your mother was on drugs during childbirth, and therefore felt no pain? instead of being full of sgít. of course, youre just being whingy now, so i actualy dont care.
    youre banned, andyoure staying banned.

you have presented no other argument except some ambiguous, debatable, and quite frankly childish rant on the feedback forum. and i am simply not bothered to deal any further with you.
    , i can see that justice doesnt reign supreme on boards anymore.!

on the contrary, i think you broke a rule so you were banned.
    you didnt follow up as you should have, instead going straight for the complaint.
    youve been here long enough to know better.
    if you cant be arsed to contact me and discuss it, then thats your tough.
    i am not here to pander to you, nor do i have to debate my actions with you.

i have given you enough of my time and explanations already, and im not about to put it into small simple words to try and make you understand any clearer. if you dont, then tough luck.
    call me all manner of names you want, at the end of the day, i have banned you for personal abuse, and that wont change. i wont be banning anyone else.
    its nothing personal, and im not going to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Jesus christ man, get over it

really?

Yes really. I can see where he may of taken it as a personal attack. Just pointing out the related posts as you requested earlier. The got bored comment referred to in one of the posts linked she mentions he called her something and couldn't be arsed to read back through the thread.

With regards to the mod action I have no opinion either way either now or before.
    dont you have some travelling people to go and protect?

*yawn* If I didn't know better I'd assume you took my last post as personal. :rolleyes:

Hobbes wrote:

*yawn* If I didn't know better I'd assume you took my last post as personal. :rolleyes:

youd best go to bed if your tired.

another rolls eye for effect.
    how cute.
    if you have no opinion either way, id appreciate it if you didnt get involved if you have nothing other than a subjective opinion to give.

thanks. its been noted and ignored...

id appreciate it if you didnt get involved

Well next time prehaps you should talk to the person in Private messages asking them personally for the information rather then posting publically asking and trying to insult various people commenting (myself included).

Also I recommend you take a step back and then head out and get a few pints because it looks like your getting worked up over nothing.

Hobbes wrote:
    Well next time prehaps you should talk to the person in Private messages asking them personally for the information rather then posting publically asking and trying to insult various people commenting (myself included).

Also I recommend you take a step back and then head out and get a few pints because it looks like your getting worked up over nothing.

i think if someone has a pop at me on an open forum, i have every right to respond.

i have made a call, and im sticking to it. you appear not to care either way, so im asking you to step out.
    thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

pop

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I was banned from After Hours and lost 20 stone in 2 weeks. Or my money back.

amp wrote:
    I was banned from After Hours and lost 20 stone in 2 weeks. Or my money back.

but dont call yet.....

.... theres more!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

and that was an ignorant cowish thing to do
    I grew up in a small country town. There were lots of cows around. None of them, knowledgable or otherwise, ever insulted anyone's mother (except possibly other cattle's mothers in some bovine manner unintelligible to me).

Advertisement