Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

drawback of 3

• 31-12-2005 3:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭

generally i've found 3 to be great despite their few drawbacks, such as no gprs and no roaming to speak of. but the most annoying thing i've found is that any time someone asks for my number, such as a taxi place, i say "its 083xxxxxxx" and then have to spend a minute convincing them that i'm not insane. has anyone else had this problem/doesn't it get annoying? it was fun at the start because it was all snazzy and new but do these people not watch the feckin tv!?

and a lot of online forms only give a drop down list for a phone number, i.e. you can pick 085,086,087 and nothing else. wtf am i supposed to do!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

that must suck the whole number thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭tie_mi_shu

wish they'd set up a rtg system too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

i kept my 087 number so that worked out preety well
    but one thing i find annoying is the lack of content availble online if your not in a 3G area basically all you got is games and tunes and pix
    you cant even read stuff
    but overall 3 are supurb id recommend them over any network any day so cheap and if you are in a 3G area they cant be beaten
    as for roaming ive only been to the UK and Spain and had no problems dont know about anywere else though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭paulhardman

I would agree with the 083 number thing... I have often had to repeat my number a good few times and say "Yes, it is 083, it's the new Three network, have you seen the adverts?"

Most people just accept it and are happy, but some have even crossed out "083" and put 086 or 087 down...

I would agree with the 083 number thing... I have often had to repeat my number a good few times and say "Yes, it is 083, it's the new Three network, have you seen the adverts?"

Most people just accept it and are happy, but some have even crossed out "083" and put 086 or 087 down...
    why didnt you keep your old number?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

1huge1 wrote:
    why didnt you keep your old number?

well i didnt keep it for two reasons:
    1. porting wasn't set up when i signed up and by the time it was everyone had the new number anyway
    2. i still use the other one for meteor free texts:D

oh ya i forgot they didnt put up the porting thing straight away
    good idea keeping the meteor free texts thing
    its a shame 3 dont let you txt of the internet though

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

In fairness this is not three's fault, it was no different when Meteor started up and 085 was new. If taxi places are too stupid to know 083 is a real working code for a network then thats their fault.

On a side note I ported my number when I moved to Three and I;'ve been very happy with it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

I had the same 083 "new number" issue when I got mine, it still happens today, when I give out my number to people in my family and some of my friends they just go "083? What network is that?" I just tell them it is Three Ireland, do you remember the ad where..." and then they get it, TBH how could you forget those strange ads?

I did have one unusual problem, I was calling Godfathers Pizza and they told me that the software on there computer, that they use to enter and handle the orders, did not accept 083 as a valid area code. I think he just put it in as 086 and then changed it to 083 on the printout.

Advertisement