Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Devin Townsend band

• 31-12-2005 6:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

has anybody heard of this guy?

i dont know if its just ones guy, buit if it is, hes doing well.

its sorta light prog metal, really catchy and worth a listen

<snip>

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Lump Basher

How can we possibly listen to the preview when the dumbass MP3 link goes to sponsored advertising??? Troll....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Lump Basher

double post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Please don't link to mp3's unless they're officially licenced.

As for Devin, there was a thread about Strapping Young Lad a while back which may be of interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

sorry, didnt check the links...

troll wha? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Lads, just go to www.hevydevy.com and you can get some mp3s from his various albums in the Discography section.

He's a great musician, and I want to get some of his stuff at some stage, aswell as Strapping Young Lad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i've got a few strapping albums around somewhere. can never listen to 'em in full... only a few songs tbh

devy wevy poo is a legend though. even if he was a **** musician, he could just do his thing with that hair of his

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭LightofDarkness

I used to hate SYL (back when the only things I knew of were Metallica, Pantera and Death), I only heard one song and passed judgement that they were just noise. Then when I matured a little I listened again and found them to be quite the good listen. Devin's prog-ish (I say prog-ish because a prog fan would snub it) stuff is cool enough, I have Ocean Machine and Accelerated Evolution. It's quite mellow and good for smoking to :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Only bit o Devon I know is the Strapping Young Lad stuff, check out the City album, great tune on it called Detox, another good one is Room 429

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I never liked Strapping Young Lad when I heard them (it must be about eight years since I heard them) and my tastes have changed since then. I liked what I've heard of Devin's post SYL stuff so I must go back and check SYL out again.

Advertisement