Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Virus Detected

• 31-12-2005 6:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

Im using AVG and my computer was acting funny all day, so i ran a virus scann, it tells me it has found 5 critical objects but it doesnt give me a option to delete or move them in to the volt?

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Hi Gaz25,

What names did AVG give the critical objects? Details... What message did you get when you tried to delete it with AVG?

I only came across one example so far with AVG and I wasn't able to repair it but I could delete it or put it in the Vault. From there I can also delete it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Gaz25

AVG wont let me move it to the Virus Vault, get mgs request for action can not be completed.

1) Virus Idetified Java/Byte/Verify
    2) Trojan Horse Generic.LAW
    3) Virus Identified Java/ByteVerify

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Gaz25 wrote:
    AVG wont let me move it to the Virus Vault, get mgs request for action can not be completed.

Try any of these online scanners to remove... (start with mcAfee's)
    --> http://www.btinternet.com/~chris.heaton/mcafee/mcafee.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭peepsbates

Gaz25 wrote:

try clearing the temp files in java i think that will get rid of the java ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I used to get those kind of ones before I started using NoScript for Firefox.
    I think they were from dodgy java sites.

Also have a cleanup script running at bootup that deletes that folder so if you just do that it should work. :p
    Also, if they got into any System Restore points you should delete those too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

hamster wrote:
    Try any of these online scanners to remove... (start with mcAfee's)
    --> http://www.btinternet.com/~chris.heaton/mcafee/mcafee.htm

In fairness I don't believe that link is any better then a spam mail trying to sell you some antivirus software, not one of the links actually seems to go directly to a companys website such as Symantec without going through a referal first.

The keywords listed over and over at the bottom also don't make it look any better ;)

Advertisement