Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

unable to send text messages on vodafone

• 31-12-2005 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭

I changed over to vodafone from meteor a short time ago, but since then my phone wont send any texts, it comes up with the message
    sending failed
    message barred

Is there some sort of simple thing i'm missing here?

Fake Edit: I'm using a s700i if that matters

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

You got a new sim correct? I got a 6230i on meteor and it needed a newer sim card in order to send sms. Came up with "Message sending not allowed"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭tie_mi_shu

ring them up and make sure they have it activated on your account, seen this happen before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

did you change the message centre number in message options (sorry, i couldn't tell you whereabouts it's located on your phone...)

mine is +35387699989

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

tman wrote:
    did you change the message centre number in message options (sorry, i couldn't tell you whereabouts it's located on your phone...)

mine is +35387699989
    Just a FYI:
    That's stored on the SIM card, so shouldn't be an issue, AFAIK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Kabuto wrote:
    I changed over to vodafone from meteor a short time ago, but since then my phone wont send any texts, it comes up with the message

Is there some sort of simple thing i'm missing here?

Fake Edit: I'm using a s700i if that matters

why did you change from meteor while everyone else in the country is switching to them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

Ring customer care, they probably didn't activate your sms. Simple solution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

why did you change from meteor while everyone else in the country is switching to them?

As the Tayto ad says 'There's always one'

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭tie_mi_shu

buddy wrote:
    Ring customer care, they probably didn't activate your sms. Simple solution.
    that's what i said :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

I'm guessing he listened to our wisdom and sorted it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Darz0re

The Issue with new Nokias (ie. 6101, 6060, 6230i) and sending texts messages is due to having a old sim card and is only related to Nokias, this issue appears to be something else entirely

If your problem isnt sorted yet just go through your settings and make sure that the message centre number is +353857000000 and that all other settings are set to text, i've come across so many people who have mstaken set "Message sent via.." to GPRS or something else

• Advertisement
Advertisement