Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kong my whopper!!

• 31-12-2005 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

I know this is food related, but i don't think it's the kind of thing usually posted in the food forum so i thought i'd stick it here..

Has anyone tried these yet? Tis a double whopper with bacon and cheese and it is the most beautifull thing i have tasted in my life... i had one yesterday for lunch, and i'm going to have one within the next couple of hours!!!

mmm, yum:p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Burger King sucks, tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

sounds basically a bacon double to me+ salad.

And XL bacon doubles are the king.

Kicks Micky D's around the shop tbh. Had my first Supermacs a few weeks ago and was well impressed i have to say. Was expecting crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

This should be in Food/Drink mate.

Oh and XL Bacon Double Cheeseburgers ftw :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Had one a while ago when they first came out.

Heart attack in a bun!

But worth it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Burger King microwave their ****ing burgers.. kip

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

they cook them first, and they're only in the microwave for about 10 seconds

LundiMardi wrote:
    they cook them first, and they're only in the microwave for about 10 seconds
    Plus you ask for say a whopper with no salad or the like to make sure you get a freshly cooked one... Can take longer but worth it in the end.

Plus you ask for say a whopper with no salad or the like to make sure you get a freshly cooked one... Can take longer but worth it in the end.
    asking for salad won't make a difference with regards to getting a fresh one tbh.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

No they dont.. I worked there part time when I was in school (14.. told them I was 16 :rolleyes: )

they flame grill the burgers and they put the buns through a "broiler steamer" to moisten them.. They only put vegi burgers in the microwave..

I love Burger King burgers.. Way nicer than McD's IMO... But I hate the chips, used to like them till they started doing those crunchy chips.. Feckin horrible yokes :mad: I hate the chicken royals as well.. Rotten.. Double cheese burger for me every time :D

they put all the burgers in the microwave, but not to cook them, just to heat them up, the steamer is what the burgers and buns are kept in to keep them hot after being cooked, the broiler is what cooks the burgers, the buns are toasted as normal.. when you order something, the burger is taken from the steam thing, made up with appropriate toppings, then put in the microwave for about 10 seconds to make them extra hot.

• Advertisement

LundiMardi wrote:
    they put all the burgers in the microwave, but not to cook them, just to heat them up, the steamer is what the burgers and buns are kept in to keep them hot after being cooked, the broiler is what cooks the burgers, the buns are toasted as normal.. when you order something, the burger is taken from the steam thing, made up with appropriate toppings, then put in the microwave for about 10 seconds to make them extra hot.
    Agreed

Advertisement