Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your 3 most hated pubs in Limerick and why

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Anon2006 wrote:
    limerick's a craphoel

What are you 12?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

I know it's gone now but does anyone rem 'Frazers'? :confused: ... or was it 'Frasers'? :confused: .... just up the hill from the Treaty Stone ....

We took a Canadian in there years ago ...he was related to the Frasers of Limerick, so we thought we would give him a sneak preview .... now I know some would call it rough and tough but we had a few fun times in the bar ...

anyway ... he had a couple of pints ...went out to the Loo with the stream running thru it (well that's what it looked like) and came back and announced ....
    I'm going to let Sleeping Dogs lie!!!! :p

...and that was the end of his 'Ancestor' investigations ... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

hobie wrote:
    I know it's gone now but does anyone rem 'Frazers'? :confused: ... or was it 'Frasers'? :confused: .... just up the hill from the Treaty Stone ....

We took a Canadian in there years ago ...he was related to the Frasers of Limerick, so we thought we would give him a sneak preview .... now I know some would call it rough and tough but we had a few fun times in the bar ...

anyway ... he had a couple of pints ...went out to the Loo with the stream running thru it (well that's what it looked like) and came back and announced ....

...and that was the end of his 'Ancestor' investigations ... :)

I remember being barred from frasiers, can't remember why though, I think i went with the wrong crowd that night though.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Anon2006 wrote:
    limerick's a craphoel

Go back to your PS2 or X-box please and learn to spell.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Anon2006 wrote:
    limerick's a craphoel

Anon2006 has 24 hours to back up his claim or else ... :)

actually make that 15 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

You know I hate getting my town insulted but when the stupid dope can't even spell really galls me

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I dislike Mickey Martins. Dirty horrible smelly place.

Never been in any of the "tough" pubs so can't comment. Actually that's not entirely true. I have been in The Cauldren on Nicholas St. Really local parish pub. Friendly people. It was fine.

We have some great bars though. Myles Breens, Dolan's, Sexton's, Souths, The Locke.

Teds sucks though. My issue there is with the owners and their lack of morals in business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Teds sucks though. My issue there is with the owners and their lack of morals in business.

Since when have morals had a place in business?

I don't like South's anymore since it was renovated, especially the back. It looks terrible imo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

1. Mickey Martin's: What the attraction with this place is beyond me..**** drink..dirty glasses and basically an all around kip

2.Clohessy's: Big TV's/Bad music plus one of the worst pubs for atmosphere

3.Smyth's: Dickhead bouncers plus crap drink..only for the good meals they serve during the day they'd be closed otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Hav 2 say it depends on the night of the week. But charlies has to be the worst pub ever, They'll let any underage girls wit nice t88s in, i'm 19 and feel like i'm babysittin when i go there, but if your an underage fella or even just overage theres a particular wanker of a bouncer there who uses any escuse not to let you in, ye all know who i mean. Then when you get inside you can't move for all the ppol and they wor thinkin of puttin another cocktail bar in. Where?????? in the jacks.

Hate it, but it's grand on a quiet nite to meet up before goin elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 CarewParkAFC

Worst Pub 1: Russell's Bar, Father Russell Road. My local, an absolute
    sh!thole.

Worst Pub 2: Bunker 4, Thomas Street: Worst niteclub ever! Bouncers there are a spanners.

Worst Pub 3: The Bank. OK at first until u realise its a rugby pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 CarewParkAFC

Worst Pub 1: Russell's Bar, Father Russell Road. My local, an absolute
    sh!thole. Did you know that of all drink drive stoppages in Co. Limerick, Russell's is the only place where that happens. Sunday afternoons up there is f**king mayhem. Not only with dickhead idiots drinkdriving but the amount of kids running round Russells have opened an unofficial creche up there.

Worst Pub 2: Bunker 4, Thomas Street: Worst niteclub ever! Bouncers there are spanners. Not only that u cant f**king move around in the place without banging ur head off the wall. A Sh!thouse!!

Worst Pub 3: The Bank. Total bo!!ox of a place. Thinks itself of a classy joint, it's terrible there. Really is. Regulars are stupid fat head assholes who do sweet f**k all, day & night. Have to be sorted out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 newsmedia

Nice to see somewhere that folk are giving forthright appraisals but doubt that those running the more seedily managed premises in Limerick will pay much heed - and that is a sure problem in the city bars.

Interested readers might also like to visit

Mod edit: I'm pimping my own site on a 15 month old thread with my first post on boards. Aren't I clever?

Zombie thread....

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Resurrecting 15 month old threads to spam your own site is a big no-no.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement