Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan exams shud be moved to early december!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭TheWolf

Giblet wrote:
    Jesus business students are getting more stupid each year

We're not all bad Giblet :D

This man does not represent us...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

TheWolf wrote:

Hehe ;)

I remember doing payroll using collsoft for a company for 3 months aswell as doing some of the bank stuff with quickbooks. It was the worst job ever, even though they threw money at me. They couldn't hire a business student out of college, they didn't have the background. I learnt from my dad pretty quickly and could do all their work without thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Superdub2

while i dont have a clue about what your job entails and i do find it quite amusing to keep annoying the three of you id like to make a serious point.

To you lemming, your post was too longwinded for me to even bother reading the lot of it.

and to you giblet, you accuse me of being an idiot and yet you dare to profess to me your worldly knowledge of accounting and you say you know more than me even though you dont know me!

And you say its simple and a boring job. Accounting is a lot more than sitting in some office usin some stupid payroll package, you see my enlightened friend, those kind of packages are designed for people like you, people who dont know or do accounting, and as such do not represent what an accountant does. so you have just shown narrow minded you are.

Im getting sick of trying to explain accountancy to people so instead ill ley you think what you want.

and to you zillah, thanks for some more pop psychology.

and to whoever questioned my english, i just type as "quik" as i can the fastest way i can and i use "text" talk so im not paying any particular attention to my grammer

TheWolf wrote:

i dont represent you? dam rite i dont, i represent only myself and my opinions and profess to nothing else. although i do know a lot more like minded people

and who are you? the official business rep up here??

No, you see, I know it's more than that. I'm saying that most graduates will be doing that. I do come from a line of accountants, I know the business very well. Trust me, you have to try a lot harder to annoy me, you are just making yourself look foolish with your uppity attitude. You're right I don't know anything about you, but you took it upon yourself to try undermine students of other disciplines which is foolish and just shows you up. I just think it's funny you think so highly of the tallaght accounting course while mocking the engineering and computing courses which are actually taken in high regard by employers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Superdub2 wrote:
    dam rite i dont, i represent only myself and my opinions and profess to nothing else.

Humanity gives a collective sigh of relief.
    your post was too longwinded for me to even bother reading the lot of it.

You're really not saving much face here are you...

Just ignore him, I'm sure he's used to it.

save face to who? remember there is no faces up here my friend!

Should I be suprised that he's not familiar with the concept of saving face...?

nice attempt at wit, to quote a genius
    Superdub2 wrote:
    you my friend are probably a ganggly spotty long black haired tall skinny bespeckled freak who works at the bags when everyone else is having a life and also speaks with an american accent! correct me if i am wrong?

• Advertisement

Wow, criticising people on looks now? You're really scraping the barrell. Usually happens when idiots run out of arguments, or in this case, had none to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Superdub2 wrote:
    while i dont have a clue about what your job entails and i do find it quite amusing to keep annoying the three of you id like to make a serious point.

You flatter yourself if you think you're "annoying" me. I think you're just a muppet and I'm quite enjoying prodding you and watching you get ever more defensive.
    To you lemming, your post was too longwinded for me to even bother reading the lot of it.

Well won't you do well in an accountancy practice ..... You DO realise that firms will give you _volumes_ of text to read and digest and keep track of don't you?

Oh .. I see .. you were trying to annoy me. Nope. Still a muppet. My "annoy-o-metre" didn't even twitch.
    and to you giblet, you accuse me of being an idiot and yet you dare to profess to me your worldly knowledge of accounting and you say you know more than me even though you dont know me!

Oh, but everybody else in this thread recognises the type of person you are Superdub2. You are the worst example of the IT-Tallaght business student stereotype* I've had the misfortune of coming across.

* I shall apologise here to all busines students who do not fall into this category. It, is after all, a stereotype and people aren't actually meant to emulate it so closely. A pity nobody told SuperDub2 that ...
    And you say its simple and a boring job. Accounting is a lot more than sitting in some office usin some stupid payroll package, you see my enlightened friend, those kind of packages are designed for people like you, people who dont know or do accounting, and as such do not represent what an accountant does. so you have just shown narrow minded you are.

Would this be a really bad time to point out that I worked for Philips (as in the electronics corp.) european account services dept. running internal IT helpdesk duties between third & fourth year of my course? And that most of the accountants (and we're talking of about 60-120 accountants) did indeed sit at desks all day in front of a computer package?

Ooooooops. I'm sorry. Did I just pop your little bubble?

Indeed. Same scenario for accountants in the last two companies I've worked for (one of which is a fairly big IT one - I can gaurantee this since our department was beside theirs)

Lets look at some of your earlier arguements
    you have loads of work to do? keep telling yourself that. I do real work, my mate does AV and ive never seen him in the library and he does nothing and still coasts through.

I could say the same for two guys I hang around with who are in third year accounting, one of which entire study for each module is the night before. Dont generalise based on one guy you know.

Next
    i dont represent you? dam rite i dont... blah blah blah ... and who are you? the official business rep up here??

Yet earlier you say
    id say most of the non AV students share my sentiments

Who are you? The rep for non AV students :rolleyes:
    the business students are the heart of the college

Me arse. I'm in business and thats a load of w@nk
    starts aheadof other colleges? thats pure rubbish, nearly all colleges will be back before february

I noticed you havent responded to Lemmings particular point on this. Considering you were so sure you were right, and didnt need to back up your own opinions
    and yes i reserve the right to be an ass cuz what i am saying is right no matter if i say it forcefully or frame in flowers for the easily offended!

I particularly liked
    Ill be the one making the big money enjoying life while your pulling your ugly hair out becuz you are stuk in a **** job

I dont know why, it just made me laugh. Go figure

Substitue in "superdope2" for "giblet", and "any course other than the 1337 accounting course with its superduperabsolutleyfantabuloussetmeupforlifewithlotsofmoneymoneymoneyandstuff!!!!1!!!one!!" and you start to look like a twat who manages to negate each of his own previous posts, rather than anyone elses.
    Im getting sick of trying to explain accountancy to people so instead ill ley you think what you want

You havent technically explained anything, just stated that accountants dont stay in the office (which is dependant on the company you work for, the general consenus and past experience here is they do) and insulted accounting programs (which you'll probably end up using anyway when you do start working

Soooo... based on all the above, I'd say your full of ****. But then since thats only my opinion, and I'm not in the almighty accounting course(oh NOES :rolleyes: how will I survive???) I'm sure it wont count for much with you.

Ah well *sigh* :(

Superdub2 wrote:
    you my friend are probably a ganggly spotty long black haired tall skinny bespeckled freak who works at the bags when everyone else is having a life and also speaks with an american accent! correct me if i am wrong?
    Giblet wrote:
    Wow, criticising people on looks now? You're really scraping the barrell. Usually happens when idiots run out of arguments, or in this case, had none to begin with.

No its actually quite ok. Mostly because its a desperate caricature rather than a description.

Oh, and while we're getting innapropriately personal:

Would anyone like to see superdubs bebo page? Well its right here!

Here's one of the comments:
    Is it true that you came out of the closet last night Steve and propositioned the Barman in the Playhouse by going him a 20 Euro tip and asking for his number

Hahaha...He's also obsessed with superman. Maybe I wasn't so off with the homosexual comment...

Hahahahaha

Zillah wrote:
    Oh, and while we're getting innapropriately personal:

Would anyone like to see superdubs bebo page? Well its right here!
    QUOTE]

ill admit thats quite good and i dont know how you did that but as for the personal comment. you accused me of being a closet homesexual before i ever said any insulting remarks to you, and its a good thing i dont put my own pic up there!

Ps: Thats way out of order and dont forget i DO know what you luk like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Pancho

Alright lads,not in IT Tallaght myself but i'm in with a few lads who've finished and are in UCD now. They seem to like the early exams before christmas and summer and keep reminding us how after Jan exams are a killer. Business students aren't all bad!!!!:cool:

Superdub2 wrote:

Threat of violence there Superdub2? How very unbecoming of you.

Superdub2 wrote:
    ill admit thats quite good and i dont know how you did that

As much as I'd like to claim some sort of incredible powers, I won't. The link is in your profile.

So do I ya tit!

profile4qs.jpg

pwnt

ye well i am a goodlooking bloke

• Advertisement

Do you have cheek implants to give you that elmer fudd look?

cheek implants?? thats the ****test joke i have ever heard!
    well you can see me now and know you know how goodlooking i am so you can see where i get my superiority complex from, while i luk like colin farrell i reckon you are fat pc geeks.

Except for zillah who ive already accurately described!

and while you have come across accountants in industry none of you have ever worked in practice? unless you are secretly accountants?

and when i say accountant i refer primarily to the qualification and the different areas of accountancy and business you can work in with such an outstanding business qualification, and not neccesarilly to a management accountant or one who prepares financial statements!

and zillah how can you insult me when you are a goth? nice home page....

Superdub2 wrote:
    and zillah how can you insult me when you are a goth?

I'd imagine it's because you're a pretentious dickhead. Get over yourself, will ye?

Swear you were a bloody commerce student in UCD, the way you're acting :rolleyes:

i suppose you are a goth aswell? check out his website you nob and see if you think it is a healthy interest!

acting like a commerce student? now you are acting like an it tallaght student with an inferiority complex who thinks that all commerce students are pretencious and arrogant

Superdub2 wrote:
    cheek implants?? thats the ****test joke i have ever heard!

It wasn't meant to be funny.
    well you can see me now and know you know how goodlooking i am so you can see where i get my superiority complex from, while i luk like colin farrell i reckon you are fat pc geeks.

Except for zillah who ive already accurately described!

and while you have come across accountants in industry none of you have ever worked in practice? unless you are secretly accountants?

and when i say accountant i refer primarily to the qualification and the different areas of accountancy and business you can work in with such an outstanding business qualification, and not neccesarilly to a management accountant or one who prepares financial statements!

and zillah how can you insult me when you are a goth? nice home page....

Christ you really are as thick as a post aren't you?

Lemming wrote:
    It wasn't meant to be funny.

Christ you really are as thick as a post aren't you?

running out of things to say? as thich as a post?

another brilliant comment, any more witty remarks?

Superdub2 wrote:
    running out of things to say? as thich as a post?

another brilliant comment, any more witty remarks?

Au contraire I could say pleeeeeeeeenty more, but you see ... I just can't be arsed dealing with a chipmunk who's obviously been dunked in a tub of brylcream once too often and then beaten around the head to give him delusions of grandeur.

So I thought I'd leave the witty remarks in your ... less than capable hands.

well that seems like another attempt at wit to me, a bit of a contradiction i might add, especially given what it says at the end of all your posts!

you shud really delete that since you are the idiot and you choose to converse with people who you consider idiots

Superdub2 wrote:
    well that seems like another attempt at wit to me, a bit of a contradiction i might add, especially given what it says at the end of all your posts!

you shud really delete that since you are the idiot and you choose to converse with people who you consider idiots

I'm not arguing with you at this point. I stopped doing that long ago. At this point I'm just baiting you because it's funny to see what inane babble you come out with next.

But on the note of my signature, like I said, I already stopped arguing quite some time ago. Round about the same time I started slagging you off.

• Advertisement

keep on telling yourself that you idiot.

ive got delusions of grandeur?

thats not even my pic you donkey, now who is bating who?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement