Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grumpy Men

• 31-12-2005 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭

Gay's Grumpy Men.

Did anyone see it last night? I thought it was absolutely hilarious (I dont know if it was meant as a comedy, but I found it funny).

I thought the best part was when the old lad with the Cork accent (can't remember his name) tried to imitate the 'young people' dancing. Classic. :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

It was ok, I thought, I preferred the BBC version though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

It was a complete rip off of BBC2's Grumpy old men and not half as good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Telefís

Yes, entertaining as a stand alone programme - but just too embarrassing as a blatent, shameless rip-off from the BBC.

Saying that, Senator David Norris imitating a Dublin scumbag was worth its weight in gold :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Telef&#237 wrote: »
    Yes, entertaining as a stand alone programme - but just too embarrassing as a blatent, shameless rip-off from the BBC.

Saying that, Senator David Norris imitating a Dublin scumbag was worth its weight in gold :D

I suspected even before I watched it that it was a 'rip-off' of the BBC2 version. I was more interested in how the irish version would turn out, nothing more.

I was only commenting on the humour involved, not its huge simalarities with the BBC version, or where the producers got their ideas form.

(P.S. The David Norris bit was classic. :D )

Advertisement