Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Windows Update Problems?

• 31-12-2005 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭

Anyone not able to download from the site?

I can connect, i go to "express" install, and i get a loading bar, then nothing....

Anyone else seeing this? Or know a solution?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

strange!, did you try clearing all history cookies and cache

is automatic updates enables

search for a file called hosts
    open it with notepad and see if there are any references to important websites listed

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

could be lots of things :mad:

If you get an error message you can look it up on the site.
    many of the failed updates (if you get that far) can be got by clicking through to the technet article and downloading manually.

clearing cache and rebooting is worth doing

You can manually install some of the updates that the update needs
    Microsoft Windows Installer 3.1 = http://support.microsoft.com/kb/893803
    Update for Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) = http://support.microsoft.com/kb/842773

Which OS ?
    Which version of IE ?
    have you rulled out spyware too ?

Advertisement