Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

accomodation for nxt yr

Options
  • 31-12-2005 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

since me and me friends r from dundalk and prob hav no chance of gettin campus frm what ive heard, we wanna get a house near ucd for nxt september on, when would we need to start lookin or is it too early:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

tbh i think its too early... its months away and not to sound pessimistic but things change [friends etc etc] and also you may not all get UCD or whatever courses ye want. I'm sure ye will like its just ya gotta think of the otherside sometimes too!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Julesie

Its a bit early to start looking for a specific house but you could always research the area see where you would like to stay, how much you would be prepared to pay etc. Once you are quick off the mark around the time of the results/offers you should be fine especially if you know what you want and where you want it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Summer would be the best time. I had similar plans with some friends and in the end neither of them went to ucd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

Dont listen to it, its balderdash I tell you... I had my accomodation sorted two months before my A levels and just as well because unless you're breeding black cats and or willing to play St Tropez beachouse rental $$$ then youll have an awful time getting accomodation in the Donnybrook/ Stillorgan/ Clonskeagh - Rathganelagh areas come results day. Because of the first year final year rule you get a lot of people who are experienced in finding good rental acommodation will be snapping up the best properties earlier vs first years who settle for bedsits in Artane... it happened to a friend of mine he had to get a bus to the dart, dart to sydney parade and then leg it for 9am lectures!! ha hah ha ha h ah ah ah aha ha aah haa!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

I suppose your right, me with no actuall experience in finding accomodation.

Listen to Lovelyhurling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

Listen to Lovelyhurling.

No... dont, I dont like the responsibility!

Advertisement